Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ce969f506c62b689e31fe7960f852c2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi Costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chirrut Imwe ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Jedi Costume Reply with quote

Hi,

I am Stefan from Austria and i want to get in the Rebel Legion. So i startet making my own "Jedi Costume Standards (Generic)" Costume. I want the Costume to be Rebel Legion siutable. Lightsaber on the Second foto is provisionally! I were Contactlenses of course on Convenbtions.

Therefore i have a view Questions.

1) Is the Cloak ok as it is?

2) Is the tunica more or les ok? I need to make a new one as the first one shrunk in the wasching maschine (Need to take an other Material to make it better next time) but is the design and the cut of the tunica ok?

3) Are there any lightsaber rules like no black hilt for Jedi or so? I think about getting a green or Blue Saberforge Lightsaber without sound and i am thinking about a weathert hilt mabye so it would be good to know if there are any lightsaber restrictions

4) As a Jedi i need the right Belt so i want to aske if this belt in the following link is Rebel legion suitable http://www.ebay.de/itm/140741192050?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=440059003622&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
in my opinion it looks good for a generic Jedi

5) What Boots are allowed? And where do i get them?

6) Are the Pants ok?

7) Is there anything except the above mentioned things to be noted?

If i forgot something please just write to me.

Thanks to all who will help and

May the force be with you!

Stefan

I love STAR WARS and Drawing!

Drawings on Instagram @Stefan Drawer
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Welcome to our page. Smile

First off, I'm glad you're looking for feedback before jumping into this, as it will help you a lot.
Second, we can give better feedback when we can see more parts of the costume, but for now we can certainly help you out.

1)The hood of the robe looks too small, so I'm afraid you'll have to do something about it.

2)The overall costume looks pretty good. The material of the current tunic looks thin, but you say you are making a new one. I'd make that a good deal longer than this one, so it completely covers your butt. I'd also make a wider collar, plain with no stitching lines.
Obi looks fine, but should close on the back.
P.s. Always wash your fabrics before cutting and sewing.

3)Don't do anything outrageous, but a mostly black hilt should be fine.

4)Looks like a standard Obi-Wan belt, should be just fine.

5)Any tall boots that comes to under the knee, that either have no zippers or inside zippers. Boots must either be brown or black and match the belt. Keep them simply in style and you should be fine.

6) I think so. Can't see all that much of them, but they are plain and brown.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Hi! Welcome to our page. Smile

First off, I'm glad you're looking for feedback before jumping into this, as it will help you a lot.
Second, we can give better feedback when we can see more parts of the costume, but for now we can certainly help you out.

1)The hood of the robe looks too small, so I'm afraid you'll have to do something about it.

2)The overall costume looks pretty good. The material of the current tunic looks thin, but you say you are making a new one. I'd make that a good deal longer than this one, so it completely covers your butt. I'd also make a wider collar, plain with no stitching lines.
Obi looks fine, but should close on the back.
P.s. Always wash your fabrics before cutting and sewing.

3)Don't do anything outrageous, but a mostly black hilt should be fine.

4)Looks like a standard Obi-Wan belt, should be just fine.

5)Any tall boots that comes to under the knee, that either have no zippers or inside zippers. Boots must either be brown or black and match the belt. Keep them simply in style and you should be fine.

6) I think so. Can't see all that much of them, but they are plain and brown.

First thank you, so i'll order the belt and look for some Boots matching it without zippers that go under knee

I found the lightsaber i would like to have with green blade so could you tell me if that is ok? Looks a bit like lukes from ROTJ and even more with a totaly silver pommel https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt%2DArchonv3%2E1&CartID=1

Thank you a lot, its nice to get help!

PS: I'll try to make more fotos at the weekend so if you could tell me what you want to see i'll can specially fotographe it.

Milla Sayven ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chirrut Imwe wrote:

I found the lightsaber i would like to have with green blade so could you tell me if that is ok? Looks a bit like lukes from ROTJ and even more with a totaly silver pommel https://www.ultrasabers.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Stunt%2DArchonv3%2E1&CartID=1

Thank you a lot, its nice to get help!

PS: I'll try to make more fotos at the weekend so if you could tell me what you want to see i'll can specially fotographe it.

That saber is perfect.

Have you ever danced with the krayt dragon in the pale moonlight?
Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Boots and Belt Reply with quote

Hi,

have been bussy this Summer but now i am back an want to finish my Cosplay till the new Movie Comes out (SOOOO EXITED ABOUT IT, BUT WHO ISN'T?!).

I found this Boots ( https://www.halloweencostumes.eu/adult-anakin-boots.html ) and would like to know if the are ok and if the are ok in use with this belt ( https://www.ebay.at/itm/OBI-Deluxe-Full-Belt-Pouches-Capsules-jedi-costume-prop-star-wars-accessories/140741192050?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=440059003622&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 )

I also would like to know if the Belt is ok and if somebody has a pattern for the Tunika that i can use when i am going to make a knew one. It should kinda look like Obi was in ROTS.

Thank you!

Milla Sayven ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those boots and belt should be just fine, as long as you don't mix the colors (for example, black belt with brown boots won't pass). Ben

Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Pattern Reply with quote

So i orderd the boots and the Lightsaber and then i look if the color of the Boots maches the Belt.

Anyways i am going to by some Materials for the Tunika. There my Question now does anybody have a pattern for the inner and outer tunic?

Would be nice to get one till Thursday

Thank you and have a nice week

Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Pattern Boots and Belt Reply with quote

Hi,

first of i still couldn't find some patterns on the internet or here in the topic for the tunica, please if somebody has one that would be great.

Second, my Boots came this week and i wanna know what do you think? I think they look great for the price i payed, but are they ok, now as you see them in a more real pic with my pants on? The pants are ok as somebody mentioned before, right?!

Third i will order the belt if my dad says it ok cause of the destination it cames from. The belt looks to have a slightly different brown than the Shoes but obiwan has redish brown schows and a dark brown belt so that should be just fine right?!

And last but not least i cant wait to get my lightsaber, i orderd it on last Sunnday and it has been already in Vienna at the customs office on wednesday(duty will be realy high Sad they said as the called to get the price it is worth).

Thanks for all the help! I know i have a lot of questions but i realy wanna get in so ther wil be more questions in the futur.

Hope to here from you soon and
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Belt Reply with quote

Hi i Changed my mind on the belt set as the pouches are not realy functional i wanna ad different pouches so another question is are these pouches, if new colored, ok for generic jedi?

Thank you

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pants look just fine. Smile And as long as the covers lie nicely then the boots will be fine. You could add some weathering to them to get them to look less like vinyl; I've seen that done with great success.
And the pouches should be just fine for a generic jedi. Giving them some brown color to match the belt should be perfect.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Chirrut Imwe ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i was bussy this weekend but know i got time i gona share that my lightsaber arived last wendsday

It's soo cool i realy like it. Was worth every Cent! Thanks to Ultrasabers.

I have a Material for the tunika as well and i am going to get the leather for the belt on thursday. Therefor i have a question.

Which Belt Buckles are allowed for generic Jedi. Metal of course but which are allowed?
I wanna keep that cheap i don't wanna by a prop buckle as they cost a lot and shipping is high. Any example pictures of what i am NOT allowed to use (of course not this normal belt buckles with the metal stick holding through the hols in the belt)?

Thank you and May the Force be with you[/img]

Milla Sayven ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going for the double belt (wide inner belt, skinny outer belt), it's not terribly strict as long as it matches the width of the inner belt and doesn't look too earth-bound. Logos (whether commercial or jedi) are prohibited. Many of those inner belt buckles in the movies look like they came off a lady's purse or handbag. The popular ones are the Anakin style (which are the same clasps on my briefcase, although in metal while my case has plastic) and the Obi-Wan style (I truly belive that came off a purse).

If you are doing the singlebelt, a la Obi-Wan in Ep. 4:ANH or Luke in ROTJ, it's a plain round or oval metal buckle of a similar width to the belt. Again, no logos. I don't speak for the LCJ, but it is my belief that the same buckle used for the Imperial Officers in the 501st (sans code disk) is an acceptable buckle size and shape.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings -> New Recruits FAQ Area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: