Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=298adf18c30df4731e0262f0bedc74c3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Leia senatorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: ANH Leia senatorial Reply with quote

Hi all!

New to the RL here! I am currently in the process of making necessary changes to my ANH Leia in order to be approved. I just wanted to ask some questions and make some notes on what I've experienced from the process so far.

My dress: it's been quite a process. I ordered a dress from Etsy that was listed as RL approved, however when I submitted my photos, I was told that the stitching in the sleeves and bottom hem of the dress had to be removed. When I contacted to maker of the dress, she told me that several people had been approved with that dress "as is." I know that each person is assigned to different judges, but it seems a bit unorganized if some are being approved with this stitching and then others like myself are required to make the changes. I don't mind this, since it does make the dress look nicer, but I just wanted to see if any other Leias have had this experience.

My belt: So I wound up having to order a new belt because the one I owned was the wrong shape in the front. The edges of the curve were too sharp, and it wouldn't have worked if the belt was cut because then the width would be too thin. I am going to try and experiment with it anyways since I have the new one ordered.

Boots: I originally submitted with plain white calf high boots, but then I found a replica pair of hers on Amazon (I believe it's the Rubie's brand). I'll be swapping these for the original boots I had.

Buns: I got these amazing pair of custom made hair buns from this woman Tressa on Etsy. She is so accommodating and her customer service is excellent. I wound up having to send them back to her so that she could place more glue within the hair to keep it from falling apart. She fixed them and shipped them back to me very promptly. I highly recommend if you're looking for good quality Leia buns. Her link is here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Puppycatmeow

Once my dress is finished and I receive my new belt, I'll be submitting my alteration photos and hopefully be approved second time around! I can't wait! Smile
Princess/Senator Leia Organa (ANH) - RLGS Detachment
501st - ID-25217 IOC Detachment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: