Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=04760d539324d13c5ca5e0fad68b5f5bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gatlinburg Christmas Parade: December 1, 2017
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Gatlinburg Christmas Parade: December 1, 2017 Reply with quote

As you all know the cities of Gatlinburg, Pegion Forge, and others were nearly destroyed by wildfires last year. Many people lost their homes or businesses because of these fires. I have brought it up to the MSG command staff for us and our brothers and sisters in other SW csotuming organizations to too participate in this yrs parade to bring some Star Wars cheer to the people of Gatlinburg and surrounding areas. This will be to see how many members would like to participate in this parade. I am working out the info with what we would need to do to bring smiles to these people.

It would be see a great deal of imperials, jedi, mandos, mercs, Rebels, and sith participate this.

The parade will be a 2 mile stretch in Downtown Gatlinburg starting at 7:30 PM. With over 65,000 people looking on.

(Right now this is just to see how many would be interested in. We are also working out hotel spots and even looking at a large cabin to rent. More info on this to come later.)
Sapphire_Swallow ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very possible that I could be available for this. And if kids were allowed to troop with us for this event, I could enlist my son who does Ezra Bridger.
Active Legion Member

2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he a member of the galatic academy?
Sapphire_Swallow ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he sure is!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will hurt but I'll call the Gatlinburg Chamber and see.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since multiple Star Wars costuming groups I'm hoping wants to participate in this and do not want to offend any of the groups I am having us under one flag. So as result, I contacted LFL and we can used the name The Star Wars Fans Community and they are okay with it.
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to do this, since I'll already be in town for Yama-Con. I could do either Leia or Rey, or my TK if I get it done in time.
FallenJedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When and where is the show time for this?
Active Legion Member

Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking members to show up at 5PM for they stop traffic at 6PM so I do not want anyone to get stuck somewhere.

We are meeting at the Little House of Pancakes.

I am going up a day early to secure a room next to the starting point for people to change and store totes.

I am currently working with someone to get us a way back to the starting point.
More of this to come later.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have checked with the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce and due to a insurance liability children are not allowed to be in the parade unless on a float.

If you are looking for a room at the start of the parade go here is the phone number for the closes motel at the starting point.

It is $90.00 a night.
Kein Whuf (Kevin Peters)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will plan on Boba, unless someone else wants it. Or if I have Poe pilot costume done. I think Melissa and Jadyn will be with me. Where should they be or wait? Or need banner/flag carriers? What is the age of a "child"?Jadyn is 14. I would be coming up that day and would have to aim to be there between 4-5 since I lose an hour.

RebelMando
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin that sounds awesome.

About children I'm going to talk with them this week.

Boba no one has sign up yet for it.

Thanks, would be awesome.

On banners not sure yet.

I do have flags representing the 501st, Rebel Legion, and The Dark Empire.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news I have chatted with our contact and as long as the child is 10 or older, in costume, and with adult supervision they can be in parade.
galacticat (Meg Cruzen)
Corellian Base XO
Corellian Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I won't be able to participate - one of my panels is at 9:15 that night.
Active Legion Member

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on a place for everyone can park. Right now the starting point is at. However, I'm trying to secure parking and changing area.

807 East Pkwy, Gatlinburg, TN 37738

Btw so news we do have a bus to take people back to the starting point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: