Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5c8002fc11b2cf47c75ded4dbb9337d5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron (Jakku) - WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisheding ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Poe Dameron (Jakku) - WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I've been working on perfecting my Poe Dameron (Jakku) costume since early 2016. I'm on version 2 now where I'm going through and trying to get everything as accurate as I can. I think it's pretty decent so far, but I know my current jacket won't meet approval standards and the boots might be kind of iffy. Unfortunately the Po-Zu boots don't come in a small enough size for me, so I've had to make do with some basic work boots.

I'm probably most proud of my blaster. It's by far my favorite prop!

Anyway, here are a couple of recent shots of my costume. I'm going to dye the pants again to get them more brown. Right now they're kind of a dark olive.

Thanks for looking!

-Kris

He-Guy ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Poe Dameron (Jakku) - WIP Reply with quote

krisheding wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and I've been working on perfecting my Poe Dameron (Jakku) costume since early 2016. I'm on version 2 now where I'm going through and trying to get everything as accurate as I can. I think it's pretty decent so far, but I know my current jacket won't meet approval standards and the boots might be kind of iffy. Unfortunately the Po-Zu boots don't come in a small enough size for me, so I've had to make do with some basic work boots.

I'm probably most proud of my blaster. It's by far my favorite prop!

Anyway, here are a couple of recent shots of my costume. I'm going to dye the pants again to get them more brown. Right now they're kind of a dark olive.

Thanks for looking!

-Kris

Looks great! The blaster is cool, where do you get those parts? I am working on the same costume, but can't easily find the standards here. I'm not sure why it's not under 'Poe"? Anyways, good luck with the improvement. I just ordered a pair of Po-zu's - hopefully they fit as they're now sold out in most sizes.
krisheding ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Poe Dameron (Jakku) - WIP Reply with quote

He-Guy wrote:
Looks great! The blaster is cool, where do you get those parts? I am working on the same costume, but can't easily find the standards here. I'm not sure why it's not under 'Poe"? Anyways, good luck with the improvement. I just ordered a pair of Po-zu's - hopefully they fit as they're now sold out in most sizes.

Thanks! I made a post about my blaster here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86409

The standards haven't been published on the site (yet) from what I can tell. This particular costume will be listed under "Rebel Supporter," I think.

I wanted to get the Po-Zu boots, but the smallest size they came in were still two sizes too big for me. So, I'll probably wait until I can find better boots somewhere else (I think Imperial Boots has a pair that could work).

amateurhourcosplay.wordpress.com
facebook.com/amateurhourcosplay
Dinogaby (Gabriela)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a pretty awesome costume. You don't see people cosplaying Poe too often, particularly in his Jakku look, I think.

Why do you say the jacket won't meet approval standards? It is from one of those sites that sell movie jackets? Looks pretty accurate to me (but then again, I'm really new to all of this).

Good luck with your future costume improvements! Smile
TK1420 (Ian)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! Thanks for sharing. I've just begun working on this costume, and it's inspiring to see completed versions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> New Star Wars costumes ep 7 on All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: