Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bc96e9ea55abc964bca2a5ea80541406Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Approved: Shaak Ti
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile And nice to hear you found a better fabric for the scarf.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeves on the robe are now gathered. I finished dyeing it darker last night after this photo was taken. Pic of the new color coming soon.

https://flic.kr/p/USrwGB

Skirt has been given the wrinkled look with pleats as per the standards. I'll do another round of pleating soon.

https://flic.kr/p/V57N8B

Silk seersucker is expensive and hard to find, so I've settled on a cotton blend lightweight seersucker in the same circular texture that I will dye the golden/yellow color

https://flic.kr/p/V57J3x

And lastly, another quick selfie to show the outfit without the robes.

https://flic.kr/p/USrvQB
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.flickr.com/photos/amaranthscastaways/34549953030/]

Hopefully this link works on mobile. I may hve to edit these when next I'm on PC. Dyed the seersucker for the hanging tabs.

Make up arrived this weekend also. Once the tabs are made I may be easy to submit for approval. Maybe. XD[/url]
propsqueen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sush amazing work!! The leather tooling is very impressive! Thank you for sharing and absolutely best of luck in your submission! Can't wait to hear the outcome.
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!! I've never done leatherwork before so I'm so happy with the positive responses to my work on it. ❤️❤️ I will of course update this thread as I complete it and get submission photos taken. Thank you for the good luck!
Leroni (Leroni)
Lothal Base XO
Lothal Base XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ana,

you have done a wonderful job. the tabard is excellent!

http://newsite.rebellegion.com/shaak-ti/

Maybe you should take a look at following:
- at the pictures your shirt looks black. (maybe the light?)
- at the last pictures your skirt looks very "burgundy".
- maybe you should take a look for smaller pearls in your face.

here is a side with a lot of reference-pictures that may help you.

http://www.kjo.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=shaak-ti-episodes-ii-iii

yours
Leroni
Wretched Hive Detachment Merchandise Officer 2014/2015
Twilek - Saga

darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The skirt is brick red if you look at the other pictures posted. The depth of color varies with the light. Please refer to the pics posted in this thread. The color has not been altered. It is not burgundy except in dim light.

The shirt is dark brown. You can see the shade changes in the light. I'll take clear pics of it once I take approval photos.

Pearls cannot be changed sadly. They are as they are going to be. If they are not approvable then I won't submit the costume, simple as that unfortunately.

I'll be submitting as soon as I have mastered the face make up. It either will be approved or it won't be, but either way I hope this thread will be useful to future Shaak Ti costumers whether they are approved or not.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and encouragement.
ardavenport (Anne Davenport)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2016 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Leather Tabbard and Belt Reply with quote

Can you say more about the montrals? How are they made. I've been thinking of doing a generic Togruta, but making that part of the costume would be a challenge.

darth_ana wrote:
Another sort of mock up with the montrals I purchased from Tonia Antilla. I can review these later if anyone is interested.

Your focus determines who you are.
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to do a test run of my Shaak Ti. I've discovered a few things I want to change:

1. If I paint white over the orange/red, it bleeds through and turns kinda pink, so I'll avoid painting the white areas red first.

2. I need a lighter brown shirt, as this espresso color photographs way too dark.

3. I need to secure the belt flappy-thing through the buckle with a belt loop or velcro. XD

4. I needed to darken the robe- I dyed it darker and it is a much nicer brown now. I will post a picture of it soon.

5. I need to finish my correct neck scarf- it is too yellow, so I did not wear it for these pictures.

6. I would like to order black contact lenses soon.

Please enjoy!

Everything held up super wall, and Shaak Ti was a huge hit with the crowd. I'm excited to make these corrections and try again this coming Saturday.
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Leather Tabbard and Belt Reply with quote

ardavenport wrote:
Can you say more about the montrals? How are they made. I've been thinking of doing a generic Togruta, but making that part of the costume would be a challenge.

darth_ana wrote:
Another sort of mock up with the montrals I purchased from Tonia Antilla. I can review these later if anyone is interested.

Hello! They are made of latex poured into a mold. Tonia Antilla made them and filled them with polyfill. There is a really great support group for togruta, specifically asohka, on facebook that links to some very good tutorials for making these out of craft foam. I really like latex prosthetics and wanted to make sure I had a realistic looking pair so I elected to buy them.

Let me know ifyou want the link to the facebook group and I'll post it, or I can post links to the videos I found for making them.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Shaak Ti I'd like to remind you her nails are white with a center black stripe. Wink
But your progress is going really well and a test run is always great to find out what to chance.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe th costume standards present three options: solid black, silver wh black stripe, or all silver. Please see item 7 on the current Costume Standards page Smile

It is a simple thing to adjust however, so f the standards change before I submit I will change them.
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Updates Finally! Reply with quote

Finally have a few updates. This project took a backseat for a little bit, though wearing her a few times gave me lots of things to work on.

So, here's the darker dyed robe. It's so rich and vibrant in person, it's hard to capture the color on my phone camera.

[/url]

I've hemmed and gathered the sleeves better as well.

And, lastly I went to an already approved Shaak Ti for advice on that neck scarf since I still wasn't happy. She gave me her fabric choice, which I'm hoping will work for mine also. I'm not sure which side to use that would be better to use yet, so I'm making it double sided. I need to finish sewing it together.

So there ya go! I've got some paint to touch up on the lekku/montrals and possibly seal them with some clear plastidip at some point.
darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Approval Pics Sent Reply with quote

Figured I'd send in the approval pics and await decision and advice on how to proceed if it's not right.

Firstly, here is a color comparison of my skirt vs some color swatches via google. I really wanted to make sure my skirt was red. I gave it another dye bath and I think it's a lot closer:

Secondly, the boots; low heeled, brown, smooth toed:

I went with the white nails with black stripe. The gloss on the nails makes them a bit shiny, but I can fix it. In any case, it still meets the currently published costume requirements of silvery with black stripe.

I posted these all in my album here also with some extra shots:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/amaranthscastaways/albums/72157682591223526

Belt and Nails:

As a note, I didn't hide the line of the prosthetic in any of my official approval pics. I have some ideas for how to hide it in the future, however. I still can't get the colors to translate onto camera how they look in real life, but these are mostly pretty close. Hopefully I'll know what I need to change for approval after this. Wish me luck :#

darth_ana ()

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Finally Approved! Reply with quote

After a lot of tears and some butt hurt (that rejection stung, man), but I made some corrections and was approved finally as Shaak Ti. I'll post updated pics ASAP, but for record purposes the bare minimum I needed to do:

*Make sure the tooth headdress thingy was actually stuck to the skin, with a more accurate eye shape.

*remake the neck scarf. Thanks to an amazing cosplayer I was able to acquire the fabric and remake the scarf.

*Adjust the color of the skirt to more brownish red than the purple red it was. I fought with it. I fought hard. I won. Tip: Don't use wine colored dye, and make sure you're not using dyes with purple undertones. It took some red, terra cotta, and browns of various shades to finally get it right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: