Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9254f7d22e6581c8d391f1ed7553bb38Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The final Dreamworld event in Australia will be 2018.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apok ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: The final Dreamworld event in Australia will be 2018. Reply with quote

Hi all,

For those of you that do not know for the past 8 years we have held the largest event in the Southern Hemisphere at a theme park called Dreamworld (www.dreamworld.com.au). We have grown from 38 troopers (out of 39 in the garrison at the time) to over 150 characters from the 501st, RL, Mandos and Galactic Academy. This year will be our 9th year.

Well after about 2 and a half months of emails and phone calls with DW and Disney we finally have come up with a date for DW2018. This event will be held on the 23rd and 24th of June 2018. To get this date was in itself a massive effort, with Disney changing their mind and the rules several times. We got there in the end.

With the opening of the new Star Wars worlds at the Disney parks, I thought it prudent to ask if DW2018 was going to be the last. It looks like I was right in that bad feeling I was getting. DW2018 will be the last time we will hold this event at Dreamworld. There is no coming back from this unless Disney go bankrupt and I can't see that happening.

The main reason cited was the opening of the theme parks and to quote Disney "other reasons". Not that they say what the other reasons are, but we can all probably guess. That we managed to get 9 years at a theme park that is not Disney related, is a miracle in itself. We had a fantastic run and have had some amazing memories. We have had troopers, rebels, mandos and GA's from all over the country and from around the world, NZ, the US and Singapore, come to join us in the fun.

The Redback Garrison would like to extend an invite to all Legion members to come along and see how we do things on a massive scale in Australia. This may be the last DW folks, but we'd like to show you Yanks, Asian, Pacific, Middle East, African and EU troopers what a we have been doing here in Australia for the past 8 years. An event that we have worked so hard to build into the best event Australia has had, if not the world. Nowhere else in the world do you get to do what we do at DW and that is something we get to be very proud of.

Once the DW2018 forum area is open I will start posting new threads. Head to www.501st.com.au and sign up to the forums if you are interested in coming to Australia to join in the fun. You will be able to get all the info there. Thank you to all that have attended for a fantastic 8 years and I hope to see some of you at the 9th and final year for the Dreamworld event. This has been our version of a Celebration style event as we don't have that here in our neck of the woods. You won't want to miss this one of you have the dollars to come to the land Down Under.

Please note this is not like a John Farnham tour (An Aussie singer notorious for having comeback tours). This is it. The event has been buried, molten lead poured over he casket, the casket and lead dug up, that mass then thrown into the ocean and the ocean filled in with more molten lead and then an asteroid crashed on top of it all. It is folks Game Over after DW2018. Don't miss out on the fun.

Cheers
Apok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: