Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50f88608d938fe6a6cda4d8aa3229b37Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Qui-gon poncho material

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lo Zeno (Luca Zenari)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Qui-gon poncho material Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to complete my Qui-gon costume, and so far I've got almost everything except the right belt (I got the buckle already) and the poncho.
The belt is being dealt with by an artisan, but I can't, for the life of me, find a good, movie-accurate fabric like the one in the screencaps.

Has anyone figured out what's the exact fabric used for the poncho? And the shape of it? By looking at it in the movie, it looks like it's slightly irregular (longer on the back than on the front, and a bit "tilted" to the side, so to speak).

Looking at this screencap in particular:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AhU4e1ugaj2RgZ0pF5Jr6ndRXOyo_A
it looks like a coarse, rouch fabric with a thick weave.

I've found a few samples that look close to it, but they're not cheap fabrics so I'm trying to figure out which one is close "enough" to be approvable.
Here are the samples:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhU4e1ugaj2RgZ03WRPp_Qt1u1Nc4Q

Can anyone share an opinion on these?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: