Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=81f0591a6253a8724efd37753980236bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My take on Ben Kenobi Mythos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andysmithy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: My take on Ben Kenobi Mythos Reply with quote

Heyo, I wanted to share my version of the Ben Kenobi Mythos statue by Sideshow Collectibles that I finished just in time for Dragon Con.

I was originally working on a early season TCW Obi-Wan but when I found Tea's build I really, really wanted a mythos for myself.

I had already purchased the chest armor from KW Designs and 3D printed the shoulder bells, gauntlets and legs (the last 2 weren't used)

The backpack was a simple pine box with a faux leather wrap. I wasn't happy with the look so I changed it later on.

The moisture vaporator was the funnest part to build. I 3D modeled and printed it in sections and used some leftover Smooth-on Onyx to coat the inside just for the heck of it.

The grappling hook, bottles, gaderffi sticks, and cycler rifle were 3d modeled and printed and built along with sintra and wood pieces. The bedroll is just a piece of dyed canvas wrapped around a heavy cardboard tube. The jawa bandoleers were made from leather using an online template. I also used online measurements for the belt and pouches. The fur roll is faux bear fur from Joann's wrapped around a cardboard tube. Everything is bolted on and can be removed if needed. The macrobiniculars, Qui-Gon's and Anakin's lightsaber models came from Thingiverse. (There's a ton on there, I'll try to link the creator if I find them) I'm not too happy with the rope right now. It's not soft and it's fraying everywhere. I would also like to change the chest armor later on to match the statue better.

The tunic and robe were the last parts I tackled. I used Simplicity pattern 5840 and followed EeanLedgor's guide. I tucked the shoulders! Mr. Green This was my first time sewing and I messed up a LOT. My girlfriend was a huge help walking me through it. The crinkle gauze was a terrible mistake for my frist attempt. I just turned the mistakes into battle damage/weathering. I used a coffee dye for my color and really like the result. I just hope it never rains on it!
The outer robe was the same Simplicity pattern, except I got to rip the sleeves off. My last minute purchase were the Telacos Jedi boots. I will be upgrading those ASAP! I weathered them and am pretty happy with their look.

Some of the leather bits

Finally, the saber I'm using is a base Saberforge Redeemer. I weathered it myself.

Every piece (built or bought) was painted, dyed, and/or weathered by me. That's my favorite step of all of my costumes! Mr. Green

I entered and won a couple of awards in the Dragon Con Star Wars Costume Contest. I was just entering for fun, and I was so awkward and embarrassed when I won. Thanks to the Legion and the other groups for making those contests possible.

photo cred Giovanny Guecha

edits definitely coming for typos! Razz
Charybdis (Al d L.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat looks awesome! Very creative and making it work!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: