Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=60e9011b828a7848fb95e1f5cfca2805Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Slightly better alternative for ribbed elastic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crema ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Slightly better alternative for ribbed elastic? Reply with quote

I was looking around gigantic fabric+accessory store in Korea and I think I found a good looking ribbed band which has equally distanced ridges. I was hesitant to get the one people are recommending since it was too wide and the ridges weren't equally distributed. This one is 2" wide and it seems like it only needs some dye to use it on the suit. I was thinking I should bring some back to US if anyone's interested.
How do you guys think?
Sorry for the huge pictures. I couldn't find a better photo hosting website than photobucket.

Jyn Erso (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a month old post, but did you happen to bring any back with you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in this too - it actually looks a lot closer to the real deal in my opinion.
crema ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow no! I have only brought 3yds of them here but I do have some left with me. I'm not sure if it would be enough for anyone. But I do know where I can get them so I will see if I can contact the seller and ask if they do international shipping. If not, I might be able to ask my family to send them over. I will try D:
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it happen to have a tag that said what it was called? Maybe people could find it if they had the name of the webbing.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crema ()

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... it was sold in a kind of traditional market for fabrics so nothing really had brands, markings, or labels. Most of the stores there made the items themselves. If that's the case and I can gather some more people who are interested in it, I might be able to ask them to produce custom color(red-orange!)
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange colored would be amazing. I'd also be interested in green for a related project. Wink
Jyn Erso (Bekah Platzer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were to get something like that together I'm definitely interested in it! Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: