Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dffd039acdf9203d00dfc4f6329eeb9eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Post Order 66 Jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Post Order 66 Jedi Reply with quote

Pardon if this has already been addressed, but I didn't see it anywhere, so
I thought I'd post. If it has been dealt with, feel free to delete the topic.

Has there been any talk about Jedi from the Imperial Era, or from the New Jedi Order era who dress more like Return of the Jedi Luke? A fair number of characters from the EU have that asymmetrical uniform shirt/high boots look, so I didn't know if anyone had posed the idea of "Generic New Jedi Order Jedi" costumes, or like a "Jedi in hiding" style? Obviously Jedi in hiding would be a bit tough to standardize, I was just curious if anyone else had thoughts on the subject.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
Knight of the New Jedi Order
Temple: Stormfront
Captain, Rebellion/New Republic Intelligence
Home Base: Ra Kura (Florida)
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sam. There used to be a separate standard for Prequel Jedi and OT and post Jedi.

My Corran Horn was approved under those standards.

Several years ago they were consolidated into one standard.

Is there a particular design that there is LFL reference for that you wanted to do?

KJO Detachment XO/CO 2011–2013 • LCJ • Assistant Rebel Legion Webmaster

Last edited by ionicdesign (Michael) on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing specific at the moment, I just always really dug the more futuristic way the Jedi dress in the OT on. The way that Luke dressed in Empire/Jedi, Kanan and Ezra dress on Rebels, Kyle Katarn obviously. That "Gunslinger knight" kind of look. Hope that makes sense lol.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Specifics, with several LFL sources would be important to doing so.

As noted my Corran Horn was approved under the previously separated standards. It was just after I served as KJO DCO that they were consolidated.

The main difference between the two standards was that the New Republic Jedi were allowed to wear black, have a holster and a blaster. Also the single belt with large buckle. The rest was essentially the same between the two standards.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha.

Yeah the whole carrying a blaster element was another feature I was wondering about, since there are plenty of examples of this in the EU, and I was thinking maybe it might be an opportune time to discuss re-introducing this. Given that Kanan and Ezra are doing it in the new canon, and in EU continuity, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, I believe Corran Horn (correct me if I'm wrong on that), and numerous others carried blasters while they were serving as Jedi, there seems to be enough precedent. Not to mention Luke, Kyle, Mara, and a few others wearing darker colors, and dressing in a manner other than robes.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
ionicdesign (Michael)
Takodana Base CO
Takodana Base CO

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blaster thing was often debated, not as much of late.

Corran definitely had one in the stories, just not in the visuals (as a Jedi anyway, did as a pilot).

The trick is finding something consistent for a standard.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understandable.

Maybe for Imperial Era Jedi there can be a special classification added to the fringe section, rather than the Jedi section? That might be more applicable since Jedi in hiding would be independent agents anyway, because the order doesn't exist, and there's a very slim margin for secret Jedi that assisted the Rebel Alliance directly. So like, the "generic hidden Jedi" outfit would have to be consistent with an outfit worn by one of the "plain clothed" jedi in existing canon of that era. Example: Kanan and Ezra have a smattering of thermal shirt/jacket/patchwork armor style, Qu Rahn, Obi-Wan and Yoda wore traditional robes, and Luke ended up with the khaki Empire outfit/Black asymmetrical shirt ROTJ outfit, so the standards for allowing blasters would apply to which outfit you chose. If you want to carry a blaster, you have to emulate the look of Kanan, Ezra, or Empire Luke, but if you go for traditional robes, you cannot carry one.

New Republic/New Jedi Order Jedi would be able to wear the standard robes, as we saw in the latter years of that incarnation, or adopt a Luke Skywalker type asymmetrical shirt, pants, etc outfit, and be allowed one sidearm in addition to their Lightsaber, which even Luke carried a blaster at times during the NJO era. Rifles, and other such larger weapons wouldn't be allowed obviously, as there's basically no examples of Jedi carrying them as standard gear in this era. So for standards, I think we would have to go through all the images from New Jedi Order era, and have a list of appropriate clothing types and color schemes.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally in new Canon we have Rey as a Jedi in training, and she's carrying a blaster as well as a Lightsaber, and Luke's outfit in TFA continues to incorporate the asymmetrical shirt beneath his robes, except in white now.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> EU Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: