Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=78bf3c103eeaf8b5de457b30947d1969Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Standards Revision: Boushh Leia

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2739
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Standards Revision: Boushh Leia Reply with quote

The public membership suggested the following changes to this standard:

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:

1. Proper brown weathered helmet with tan deerskin snout, a silver flanking nose “combs” and two dark green visors, and a stitched strap at the back, weathered with proper greeblies and painting. Greeblies on side are dark grey with brown and black accents. Helmet has 10 black striped lines that wrap around the upper back and a red 1138 on the right side. Helmet should be weathered to match visual references.
2. Brown slightly shiny/satin finish weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.
3. Bandolier of gray twill belting with proper weathered greeblies and small canisters. Where shoulder and waist connect in front is marked with stitching in the shape of a box with an X stitched in grey. Back of shoulder bandolier strap has a grey stitched triangle. Bandolier attaches to back band with a dark colored/metallic snap. In front the left side of parachute clip has black stitching, and the right side of parachute clip has grey stitching. Right and left side of bandolier have large cylinder with lid painted black.
4. Beige or tan weathered suede or suedecloth mid-thigh-length tunic with a V-neck folded left over right, a center front opening and large sleeves reaching just below the elbows. No visible closures or fastenings.Shoulder seems of outer tunic should hit approximately 1-2 inches down upper arm past shoulder.
5. Tan leather or leather-like hip-length tunic with a dark brown suede or suedecloth turtleneck collar and dark brown suede or suedecloth sleeves worn beneath the outer tunic. Sleeves are styled to fingerless gauntlets with 8 spike studs at each knuckle in a triangular pattern. There should be a collar on this tunic or a dickie that extends under the helmet to cover the neck and all skin/hair when helmet is on.
6. Beige or tan semi-circular weathered cape of herringbone or other heavy woven material. Cape should hit below elbow on right side and at knee on left side. The top of cape folds to outside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and the bottom of cape folds to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide. The sides of cape fold to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and cover bottom seam.
7. Beige or tan suede or suedecloth gloves to wear underneath studded gauntlets.
8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). with 16-22 ribs(18 recommended). Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.
9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.
10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.
11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black parachute clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length
and the black clip has one slot on top and two slots on bottom

12. Beige or tan flat-soled boots or shoes to wear under the boot spats. Boots have low heel that is dark in color and the boot front is ovular in shape.
13. Hair pulled back into a a low braided bun. Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
1. Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.
2. Proper round thermal detonator with optional light and sound
3. Two rows of blinking green lights in the top lens of the visor on the helmet
4. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet.


Public discussion: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=956496
_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean it all looks good to me... but I wrote it so...
_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to do Leia's hairdo based on what can be gleamed from the screen shots.

First I made smaller braids from the hair on the side of my head, then I used the rest to make a thicker braid.
https://goo.gl/photos/NsrmmRMGWkA7ewXY9

I then simply looped the smaller braids back and forth over the thicker braid and secured them with hair pins, to get the look. Smile
https://goo.gl/photos/Ch4zSjhVLZxnCj9k8

https://goo.gl/photos/kKbwjzUHb76ZpBw27

It was easy to make, but a bit time consuming with my long hair. Luckily I made the braids the night before and got a natural 'helmet hair' look with plenty of escapees. Wink

I'd say this could also be achieved with clip on extensions for people with shorter hair, and you can easily get a more accurate hairdo. Whether to wrap the thicker braid in wide leather strips can be recommended for higher accuracy, but honestly it won't really be seen since the long braid goes under the costume parts. It would just a neat detail you have.


I'd suggest to add in the (long), thicker braid as optional. It isn't seen, but I secured the smaller side braids to it. The braided bun should stay as flat as possible at any rate.
There should also be plenty of whisps framing the face. Smile


I don't quite remember what her hairdo is the Shadows of the Empire, but I think it's a standard English braid.

Can anyone check what Leia's hairdo in this costume is like in the comic? Then we could add that as another option.
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen the reference for the long braid- do you have a link to it? All I have seen is the "bun/braid" think I linked in the other thread
_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This behind the scenes shot show the braid down the back.
https://goo.gl/photos/VraHpPcD7WmciYiD6

And I think the comic also has the braid down the back, but I don't have access to my comic so can't check. I'd like confirmation of that style, too.
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
This behind the scenes shot show the braid down the back.
https://goo.gl/photos/VraHpPcD7WmciYiD6

And I think the comic also has the braid down the back, but I don't have access to my comic so can't check. I'd like confirmation of that style, too.


based on that I think adding the braid as optional totally makes sense
_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Smile I don't think it should be required since it's hidden under clothes anyway, but having it as an optional would be a nice touch.
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good- do you want to make the edit?
_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do that next week. Smile A bit hung up for the rest of this week. Rolling Eyes
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2739
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this look?

Quote:
1. Accurate brown weathered helmet with tan deerskin snout, a silver flanking nose “combs” and two dark green visors, and a stitched strap at the back, weathered with proper greeblies and painting. Greeblies on side are dark grey with brown and black accents. Helmet has 10 black striped lines that wrap around the upper back and a red 1138 on the right side. Helmet should be weathered to match visual references.

2. Brown slightly shiny/satin finish weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.

3. Bandolier of gray twill belting with proper weathered greeblies and small canisters. Where shoulder and waist connect in front is marked with stitching in the shape of a box with an X stitched in grey. Back of shoulder bandolier strap has a grey stitched triangle. Bandolier attaches to back band with a dark colored/metallic snap. In front the left side of parachute clip has black stitching, and the right side of parachute clip has grey stitching. Right and left side of bandolier have large cylinder with lid painted black.

4. Beige or tan weathered suede or suedecloth mid-thigh-length tunic with a V-neck folded left over right, a center front opening and large sleeves reaching just below the elbows. No visible closures or fastenings.Shoulder seems of outer tunic should hit approximately 1-2 inches down upper arm past shoulder.

5. Tan leather or leather-like hip-length tunic with a dark brown suede or suedecloth turtleneck collar and dark brown suede or suedecloth sleeves worn beneath the outer tunic. Sleeves are styled to fingerless gauntlets with 8 spike studs at each knuckle in a triangular pattern. There should be a collar on this tunic or a dickie that extends under the helmet to cover the neck and all skin/hair when helmet is on.

6. Beige or tan semi-circular weathered cape of herringbone or other heavy woven material. Cape should hit below elbow on right side and at knee on left side. The top of cape folds to outside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and the bottom of cape folds to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide. The sides of cape fold to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and cover bottom seam.

7. Beige or tan suede or suedecloth gloves to wear underneath studded gauntlets.

8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). with 16-22 ribs(18 recommended). Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.

9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.

10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.

11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black parachute clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length and the black clip has one slot on top and two slots on bottom

12. Beige or tan flat-soled boots or shoes to wear under the boot spats. Boots have low heel that is dark in color and the boot front is ovular in shape.

13. Hair pulled back into a a low braided bun. Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

1. Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.

2. Accurate round thermal detonator with optional light and sound

3. Two rows of blinking green lights in the top lens of the visor on the helmet

4. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet.

5. Thicker braid hanging down from beneath (or instead of) the braided bun, visible below the bottom edge of the helmet.

Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-bounty-hunter-boushh-disguise


Lora, could you add that image to the reference gallery? I was having trouble downloading it from your album.
_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Smile And thanks for doing this. I was overly optimistic about my September...
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a new applicant I was working with I noticed the tunic does actually have facings - most visible in the new Star Wars Costumes book. Wondering if we want to add that detail?
_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6437

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a good idea. At least mentioning it. Would you say it should be required or optional? We can make it a suggestion if it's not really seen.

Btw. a few extra images has been added to the reference gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-bounty-hunter-boushh-disguise

I hope they are helpful to people.
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Apr 2015
Posts: 293

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seem ok?

Quote:
1. Accurate brown weathered helmet with tan deerskin snout, a silver flanking nose “combs” and two dark green visors, and a stitched strap at the back, weathered with proper greeblies and painting. Greeblies on side are dark grey with brown and black accents. Helmet has 10 black striped lines that wrap around the upper back and a red 1138 on the right side. Helmet should be weathered to match visual references.

2. Brown slightly shiny/satin finish weathered shoulder armor with gray metallic tanks (the left tank longer than the right tank) and a weathered greeblie (comlink) center front below the collar with reddish lettering. Inside neck of shoulder armor is covered in light tan cloth padding. Shoulder armor extends to mid bosom. Tanks should be weathered with proper niches, greeblies, handle, spout, and reddish lettering. Tanks are attached to shoulder armor with two snaps and a dark brown leather panel. Snaps are painted black.

3. Bandolier of gray twill belting with proper weathered greeblies and small canisters. Where shoulder and waist connect in front is marked with stitching in the shape of a box with an X stitched in grey. Back of shoulder bandolier strap has a grey stitched triangle. Bandolier attaches to back band with a dark colored/metallic snap. In front the left side of parachute clip has black stitching, and the right side of parachute clip has grey stitching. Right and left side of bandolier have large cylinder with lid painted black.

4. Beige or tan weathered suede or suedecloth mid-thigh-length tunic with a V-neck folded left over right, a center front opening and large sleeves reaching just below the elbows. No visible closures or fastenings.Shoulder seems of outer tunic should hit approximately 1-2 inches down upper arm past shoulder. The tunic may have a front facing approximately 3 inches in width attached to the front and neck.

5. Tan leather or leather-like hip-length tunic with a dark brown suede or suedecloth turtleneck collar and dark brown suede or suedecloth sleeves worn beneath the outer tunic. Sleeves are styled to fingerless gauntlets with 8 spike studs at each knuckle in a triangular pattern. There should be a collar on this tunic or a dickie that extends under the helmet to cover the neck and all skin/hair when helmet is on.

6. Beige or tan semi-circular weathered cape of herringbone or other heavy woven material. Cape should hit below elbow on right side and at knee on left side. The top of cape folds to outside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and the bottom of cape folds to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide. The sides of cape fold to inside creating thick line approximately 1 inch wide and cover bottom seam.

7. Beige or tan suede or suedecloth gloves to wear underneath studded gauntlets.

8. Medium or dark brown wide suede or suedecloth obi with a ribbed texture (rope quilting preferred). with 16-22 ribs(18 recommended). Obi should have no visible holes, closures or fasteners.

9. Tan leather belt with a dark gray rectangular buckle. Belt has two vertical black stitches to left of belt buckle. The belt should have no visible holes or fasteners.

10. Tan weathered leather or leather-like pants with a seam at crotch level folded upward, a seam folded downward approximately 4-5 inches from the top crotch seam folded downward with dark stitching, and a seam above the kneecap approximately 3-4 inches below the second seam. This third seam folds downward connecting to the pleats. Crinkle/pleated/gathered texture to the leather across front slightly above the kneecap seam and extending into the boot. Pleats are only on the front section of the pants.

11. Beige or tan weathered boot spats with vertical quilting lines and round silver greeblies to be worn one on each outside ankle. A dogbone shape covers the top of the boot and a black clip is visible on the back upper part of the boot spat. The black parachute clip in back is approximately 2 ½ inches in length and the black clip has one slot on top and two slots on bottom

12. Beige or tan flat-soled boots or shoes to wear under the boot spats. Boots have low heel that is dark in color and the boot front is ovular in shape.

13. Hair pulled back into a a low braided bun. Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown recommended); no bangs. If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like real hair

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

1. Electrostaff that is approximately 9 inches taller than the holder, black in color and matches visual reference in terms of shape and weathering.

2. Accurate round thermal detonator with optional light and sound

3. Two rows of blinking green lights in the top lens of the visor on the helmet

4. Belt has a square grey/dark colored greeblie on right side near hip with similar details to other greeblies on armor and/or helmet.

5. Thicker braid hanging down from beneath (or instead of) the braided bun, visible below the bottom edge of the helmet.

Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-bounty-hunter-boushh-disguise

_________________

Photos by Robbins Studios

In Progress:Padme Loyalist Gown, Leia Raddus Bridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2739
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me! Let's move this to the CSC to be finalized.
_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group