Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=af5b528b4f188fb37bc2bd6b9f939866Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Old Ben ANH Inner Tunic Material

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck10 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Old Ben ANH Inner Tunic Material Reply with quote

Ok I'm having real trouble finding a match for the inner tunic. From what I gather, the original was a raw silk, extremely difficult to find here. I've found some linens which look ok but they look like they'd crease easily and won't hang like the original. Any advice on what I should be searching for? A name or material? Ribbed? Etc.

I have come across these silks. The lighter of the 2 looks great but it has a silk sheen to it and I'm not sure if it could be filled down.

[img][/img]
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try cosplay fabrics. They have a silk that has a similar weave to the Old Ben robes though you'll have to dye it the correct color.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I tend to order my silks from Dharma Trading, because while I *can* find silks here, they are terrible expensive. And Dharma has the better range of types than local fabric stores.

Btw. not all silks have a sheen to them. It depends on the weave. Smile Some are low sheen.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.cosplayfabrics.com/products/hand-spun-indian-khadi
Buck10 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psab Keel wrote:
https://www.cosplayfabrics.com/products/hand-spun-indian-khadi

Thank you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: