Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=edfbf13e42ae04f4555f54147a3f33bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Edrio Two Tubes Costume Standard (Draft)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Edrio Two Tubes Costume Standard (Draft) Reply with quote

First, pardon me if this is the wrong place - posting where I can!

Below, find my draft of a standard for Edrio Two Tubes from Rogue One.

Edrio Two Tubes

REQUIRED ITEMS:

Helmet: Rigid helmet shaped per reference pictures, painted in a khaki/sand base color per reference. Eyes should be bright silver in color. Triangle section on the front of the helmet should be glossy, with the other sections of the mask finished in a satin or matte finish. Two black screws should be embedded into the helmet on the right and left of the front triangle, per reference. A central grey-black knob should be attached to the helmet in the top-rear, per reference. Entire mask should be weathered in dark brown weathering per reference.

Face mask for hose connections should be a weathered steel-grey color with appropriate sand/khaki rectangle color per reference. Note: Benthic’s mask is colored differently.

Ear ‘muffs’ should be covered in dark brown suede or other rough-out material. Ear discs should be of a bright silver with greeblies per reference pictures. Weathering to match reference.

Silver and black tubes should attach to the front of the mask and extend slightly below the belt and attach to the rear large pouches per reference. Note that the weathering on each tube attachment is different on right and left and should be done accordingly. The tubes may need to be attached to the pouches with fittings as a practical measure to keep them from detaching constantly if merely tucked into the pouches.

Rear ‘disc brake’ should be centered and contact the rear of the mask/helmet. This should be modeled per reference with heavy weathering and rust. Disc should be 4”-5” across and not cover the rear of the neck, per reference.

Neck: Dark brown balaclava in suede or other rough-out material. Several ridges should be incorporated per reference pictures, with three in the rear and four in front/sides.

A green/khaki mesh military scarf should be wrapped around the neck and tucked into the tunic.

Chest Box: A weathered X-Wing pilot chest box should be secured with 2 leather or leather-like black 1” straps that go from the top to the sides crossing over in the back, per reference. A silver and black-colored tube should extend from the bottom of the box to be attached to a pouch on the right side of the belt. The tube should be significantly weathered in black near the chest box per reference pictures.

Note that the SDCC reference model is incorrect, picturing both a jacket and a chest box.

Tunic: Made of a rip-stop or parachute synthetic or silk in a khaki color. The tunic is long-sleeve and should extend over the wrists. There are splits on each side that run roughly from the waist to the knee. The tunic should have horizontal bands that are approximately 2”-4” wide per reference. The upper-back of the tunic should have a triangle pattern to the bands. A zipper may be installed in the upper-back, and should be khaki-colored. The tunic should be weathered per reference.

The tunic should have a small black-metallic greeblie on the upper right chest per reference.

Shoulder Bells: Khaki-sand shoulder bells should fit tightly to the tunic and modeled per reference. Black screws should be visible on the upper third of each side of the shoulder armor. The upper half of the bell should be glossy with the remaining a satin or matte. Details should be painted and weathered per reference.

Belt: 3”-4” wide belt in dark brown with 4 small and 2 larger pouches per reference. The pouches should have a top that is closed via no visible mechanism. The belt should be made of leather or leather-like material and slightly weathered. Two additional approximately 1” straps should run from the front of the belt to the rear, passing over the hips. The belt should be buckled in the rear with two 1” silver/chrome buckles, with the straps tucked under one of the larger pouches. The front of the belt has two non-functional buckles above and below the belt with straps. Leather-wrapped weathered-silver cylinders should be on the right and left front of the belt and extend slightly above and below the belt height, per reference.

Gloves: Brown or black cloth gloves should tuck under the cuffs of the tunic. Khaki/sand rigid armor should be attached to the gloves per reference and heavily weathered. Fingertips should be covered all-around and not just have ‘fingernails’. Finder tips should be painted black. The backs of the hands are two-layered and should be modeled per reference. Near the base of the thumb and forefinger, a silver circular ‘button’ should be modeled.

Pants: Dark brown baggy pants of canvas or similar material should tuck into the boots. Three horizontal details should create knee-pads in the pants, to be made of the same base material. The pants should be weathered in black and grey per reference pictures.

Boots: Brown or dark-brown leather or leather-like heeled boots that extend approximately 1/3 to 1/2 way to the knee. The restraining straps should be disconnected and non-functional, per reference. Thinner, brown detail straps should be wrapped around the ankle of the boot and tied per reference.

OPTIONAL ITEMS:

Blaster Rifle: Double-barreled blaster rifle as seen in the actual movie and with the action figure, not reference images provided in books and other sources. Leather strapping should be on the gun per reference.

Edrio Two Tubes - Approved
RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completed this costume and have both reference and my pictures available.

Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for this draft! Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Commanding Officer
RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just submitted.

[/img]

RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reference Photos

With the correct gun:

From Set Photographer - only known rear still:

Benthic pants, but identical to Edrio:

Blury screen-cap, but shows proper gun on-screen:

RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I got approved! Yay, me! Do I have to DO anything else with this standard? Is the Force going to take over from here?

Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RakoHardeen wrote:
So, I got approved! Yay, me! Do I have to DO anything else with this standard? Is the Force going to take over from here?

We will leave it for at least week open, after vote will take a place ... and in the end costume standards committee will comment Wink

But we are on good start Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Commanding Officer
Jerrick Sunrunner (Mark Mulcaster)
Elstree Base CO
Elstree Base CO

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a UK member whos looking to submit, have the standards been ratified yet or are they in discussion - can you link me to the discussion thread?

thanks
-mark
KJO Council Member
Takamatsu ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrick Sunrunner wrote:
Theres a UK member whos looking to submit, have the standards been ratified yet or are they in discussion - can you link me to the discussion thread?

thanks
-mark

Is it my costume that you're talking about?

If so I have made the Benthic Two Tubes, which is slightly different (Added leather Duster/Coat, Added Backpack, Different rifle and no x-wing chestbox). Slight variance on the boots and missing small bolts from either side of the 'head triangle'.
This is me:
RakoHardeen ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in answering -- I dont know where my guide stands. I have spoken to my local group, and they are going to see about getting me involved in approving the Tubes Twins. More to come, I hope.

Looking very good in this pic!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: