Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=03af2320895c4f05653ec1c47ac4256dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Pocket Details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Movielover1401 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Pocket Details Reply with quote

Hey there, working on my first Star Wars cosplay, obviously an X-wing Pilot.

2 questions regarding pockets on the flight suit.

1. Is there anything against putting objects in the pockets to make them look full? I was thinking about any kind of gear that a pilot might have on them, like maybe an emergency ration pack or other tools.

2. I will be weathering my suit and I was wondering if pockets or other parts of the flight suit can seem as if they were "ripped off" then patched back on? I hope that makes sense.
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the objects aren't too big and distort the pockets, I don't see why you couldn't put things in them. To be safe, when taking pictures for your application, I would recommend, however, taking pictures both with and without the things in the pockets, just so that the pocket shapes are clear to the judges.

As for having them look like they've been ripped off... I'm not sure about that one. I suppose it would depend on how it looked. If they were just hanging off, no, but if they looked accurate but with some wear, it might be okay. Honestly, it's hard to say without seeing something...

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Movielover1401 ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, this was just some out loud brainstorming so not sure if I'll try anything. I ended up weathering my flight suit a little, nothing too extreme. I'll try to get pictures later but I'm really happy with how it turned out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: