Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f2907abe35fd50a8c1064bb0e5da6facMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rey Bag Advice and Arm Bands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady Leia ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Rey Bag Advice and Arm Bands Reply with quote

Hey Everyone!

This is my first post! I'm working on getting my costume up to speed. The bag has been a struggle. I found one online but the color was off and I dyed it what I thought would be the right color but i'm thinking it might be too dark and wanted to get your opinions. My pants are weathered looking and were already a little darker to begin with. Here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBQBrK_Xf1LNHY1OW4zYmNLVkk

ALSO!!! I wore my Rey costume at DragonCon last year and the arm bands kept falling off and when they were on...I couldn't bend my arms. I looked all over the internet to find out how other people were keeping the bands on and just no luck. I came up with a super easy no sew way to get the bands to stay on. I bought am arm sleeve off of Amazon that was a neutral color. I bought some velcro with a sticky back and taped that to the band I bought on Amazon. Here's a pic of my first step:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBQBrK_Xf1LalNyRWJCVFRUMFk

I left some space at my elbows just to make it easier for me to bend my arms.

The next step was I taped the other side on the wraps. Here's a pic (my cat wanted to be in the pic too):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBQBrK_Xf1LZU15WTVUU25aRTg

Then I wrapped it....we wrapped it pretty loose just because I will need it looser at the con this year. Here's the finished product:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBQBrK_Xf1LNFp1MTk4VVE5S2c
HesNoGoodToMeDead ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look darker in that photo. I'm not sure if you could bleach it? Or may acrylic spray paint?
My seamstress might be making more if you're interested.
And you are an armband genius!
Lady Leia ()

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Bag Reply with quote

I did some research and I there is a Rit dye remover I could use and then try mixing the dyes to get to the right color. I might give that a try and I would love your seamstresses info! I wish I was better at sewing haha There are some things on the current bag I have that are just not like the pictures.
LusitanianScavenger (Vania)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this helps, what I usually do for the arm bands is to wear a knee high nylon with the feet cut off underneath them. It usually lasts all day and it's really comfortable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: