Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3896f7548fa4e054aa0843bf7ff0efe9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Legion Approved Anakin ROTS Lightsabers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skywalker84 (Scott Gauley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Legion Approved Anakin ROTS Lightsabers? Reply with quote

Hello all! I will soon be looking to get a lightsaber for my Episode III Anakin costume. However, I am curious what are some Legion approved lightsabers I could buy?

Could I just simply use one of those cheap $9 Hasbro plastic lightsaber toys?

I know Ultrasabers graflex is not ROTS accurate however and I should probably steer clear of that one yes? I don't have any technical know-how so converting one myself is not an option for me.

Could I simply use a replica hilt that can clip onto my belt but has no blade?

I did have many years ago a Master Replicas Force FX 2005 Anakin lightsaber, it was amazing! Sadly the blade broke and I gave it away back in 2007.

If anyone can help me out with giving me the 411 on what ROTS Anakin lightsabers would be Legion approved I'd be most appreciative!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasbro toy lightsabers are absolutely not approvable to RL standards. You can convert master replicas fx sabers where the blade can be removed and dual capable.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, thank you for the information. I know ultrasabers offers converted Anakin ROTS Force FX lightsabers - for a pretty penny of course. I was hoping I could possibly find a lightsaber for less than $400 though. I know on eBay the Force FX lightsabers are hugely inflated in price sadly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can purchase a Force FX lightsaber and conversion kit from TCSS and convert it yourself. It's not super difficult and would be more cost effective.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your thinking! I was at TCSS and I came across this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR-or-Hasbro-FX-Anakin-ROTS-conversion-kit-P248.aspx

I've heard in the reviews I'll need to purchase TCSS' pins as the Master Replicas ones won't fit into the replacement part, and I probably will need to paint it as well. In addition I would probably need to purchase a new lightsaber blade that is removable yes?

I do agree if I can get a good deal on a Force FX lightsaber this would be the more cost effective method.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the resin eFX one.

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: