Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a8ce63ef068d9dacc11cbf0b653484e4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Geonosis Padme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenatorSnips (Jane Rosado)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Geonosis Padme Reply with quote

A question to those who have this costume approved and to the judges;

I've already made the non ripped version and am updating it to meet standards. Not too much changes need to be made I think, I need to make new leggings - these ones don't have the seams at the front and back going all the way trough the waistband-, new shoes as these don't have the right sole and new armbands. Am I overlooking something? (The cape has since been shortened to be about mid calf length, and I am using my own hair now for her hairdo instead of a wig)

Also, I've completely crocheted my current cape as I'll take it with me to London in October, and I wanted to atleast not freeze in one costume xD However I'm not sure that would be approvable :/ Now, my local store is having a sale and I'm wondering if any of these fabrics could be used to remake the cape?

Last edited by SenatorSnips (Jane Rosado) on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ritin Kornas ()
Swiss Outpost CO
Swiss Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the cape would be approved, I don't think so to be honest, but I must say it looks cool Very Happy
Nice costume !
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell what needs to be changed. Overall it looks good, and from what I can see and hear you seem to be on top of it. Smile

I do like the texture you have in your current cape, very deep and rich.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
I don't know if the cape would be approved, I don't think so to be honest, but I must say it looks cool Very Happy
Nice costume !

Thank you! ☺
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Hard to tell what needs to be changed. Overall it looks good, and from what I can see and hear you seem to be on top of it. Smile

I do like the texture you have in your current cape, very deep and rich.

Alright 😀 I figured I'd post more detail pictures when the changes I know need to be made were done, as a last 'check' before submitting ☺

Okay 😄 I'll submit with this cape and if it needs to be changed I'll just do so ☺ I wasn't sure if they'd allow it, as it's technically not really fabric 😅

Also a question about the pants; do all the seams need topstitching? I know the ones in front and back do, but what about the regular inner and outer side ones? And do those ones run all the way through the waistband too?
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenatorSnips wrote:

Also a question about the pants; do all the seams need topstitching? I know the ones in front and back do, but what about the regular inner and outer side ones? And do those ones run all the way through the waistband too?

I was just approved a month or so ago and have posted a build thread. I have detailed photos of all the stitching on the pants. That may help you. It looks amazing though! I love the cloak. I need to do mine again but have been lazy lol

Good luck on your submission!

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia/Endor Commander Leia, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme, Endor Ewok Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:

I was just approved a month or so ago and have posted a build thread. I have detailed photos of all the stitching on the pants. That may help you. It looks amazing though! I love the cloak. I need to do mine again but have been lazy lol

Good luck on your submission!

I just found your thread! Your close up pictures of the pants really helped a lot ☺ thanks, I'm curious what the judges will say about it, I haven't yet seen somebody get approved with a crocheted one before. Haha, it was a must for the colder days here xD

Thanks! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd post some better pictures of the shirt and belt/pouches too Smile This is before any changes were made. Anything that has to change?

Imgur seems to have brought the quality down a bit so apologies for that Confused
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last pic you posted there is a loop on your belt that should not be there. Other than that, I think you're good. white battle padme

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia/Endor Commander Leia, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme, Endor Ewok Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd *carefully' change your crotch seem to remove the extra fabric there. And make sure your new collar lies completely flat. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
jedjools ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi am in the process of making the costume for my daughter, have the cloth for the cloak/shawl just not sure about the pattern i need?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

May the force of others be with you!
rebelbird
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's wonderful to hear that you're starting this costume for your daughter. I recommend taking a look through all of the Arena Padme costume threads listed in our thread index here. I believe several of the people who have made this before listed patterns or drew diagrams of what they did for the costume.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper

Galactic Senate DCO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: