Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3b7d5b2f938bbd9eeea96cd1d1cdc8eaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Weathering tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terran S (Terran Stewart)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Weathering tips Reply with quote

Tips on weathering costumes and props can be found all over, however for a person new to costuming, or just "testing the waters" this can be more of a hindrance than a help. I figured we can collect any ideas and techniques in one spot for the convenience of the new enthusiast and old hands alike.
PLEASE, BY ALL MEANS ADD TO THIS AS YOU SEE FIT!

I'll start off with a simple one:

If you want *natural* dirt and grime, I suggest yard work. As an example; gardening does wonders for gloves in a remarkably short time.
Kneeling in the dirt, weeding, etc.
Obviously you would want the outfit to *look* dirty, not actually *be* dirty, so you would wash it as well, and also stop using it in the yard once you have achieved the desired appearance.

For more "industrial" types of grime, tire grime is excellent. Wipe it where you want, was and repeat...

Of course there are methods to get these appearances artificially as well.
OddViking ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replied in this post with an extensive set of instructions for weathering the cloth and leather items: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87950
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: