Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5c59d3b045eb5352affe76bb76d68027Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello from LS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ersa ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Hello from LS Reply with quote

Greetings, I'm Mark. I am completely new to costuming as a whole, but have been impressed with your group and the 501st since seeing a few of you at an event in 2015. I have decided to finally try a join up, I know it will be a while before I have a costume quality enough to become an official member, but I would still be interested in helping out at some of the events or going to armor parties.

The costume I'm planning on working on first is a generic Jedi.
mdildine (Mickey Dildine)
Dantooine Base XO
Dantooine Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Hello from LS Reply with quote

Ersa wrote:
Greetings, I'm Mark. I am completely new to costuming as a whole, but have been impressed with your group and the 501st since seeing a few of you at an event in 2015. I have decided to finally try a join up, I know it will be a while before I have a costume quality enough to become an official member, but I would still be interested in helping out at some of the events or going to armor parties.

The costume I'm planning on working on first is a generic Jedi.

Glad to have you interested. My only advice is to read up on the requirements. There are robe makers out there who do some great work but again, do your homework. We'll give any advice we can and any help you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to anyone in Dantooine Base.

Mickey Dildine
Member of the KJO
Ersa ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I've been reading up some in the costuming standards/tutorial forums and will probably start asking questions/posting updates there once I begin actually making the costume. I fully expect to take my time with it to make sure I get the details correct and meet the standards.

Thanks again!
mdildine (Mickey Dildine)
Dantooine Base XO
Dantooine Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ersa wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I've been reading up some in the costuming standards/tutorial forums and will probably start asking questions/posting updates there once I begin actually making the costume. I fully expect to take my time with it to make sure I get the details correct and meet the standards.

Thanks again!

You got some great people up in the KC area. Saints Customs in KC does great work and may be someone to reach out to for advice as well.

Mickey Dildine
Member of the KJO
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! As Mickey said, please feel free to reach out for anything we can do to help. There is a very large presence in the KC area and a lot of help to be had out there.

501st - TI/ID/IC-8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
Ersa ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes! I'll have to check out Saints Customs as I know there will be some items I wont be able to make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: