Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c98f9b2789d87d56cc9b79888d22a62aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ceremonial Gown WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, smilies must mean she wasn't mad at me. Wink

Okay, honest opinion. I'm afraid it might turn out too sheer and maybe too stiff? At least from looking at how sheer it is at the floor and how it bunches there. Have you tested how it looks over your arm? Can you just see your arm or is the shape and look of it very clearly visible? Does it drape well?

And the need to raise the inverted V has already been pointed out. Smile But the neckline also needs to go lower and a little wider. (And don't forget the diagonal pleat on the overdress, when you get that far).

I don't know/can't see what your bottom shape is like, but it should basically be an A-line dress, so if you have a nice A-line going, just keep with that. (If you can't easily walk or run, then you need a bigger circumference at the bottom. Don't make my mistake, as I did on my first version, and make the bottom circumference too small. No fun walking in that).

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
catiusha (catia ferreira)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Well, smilies must mean she wasn't mad at me. Wink

Okay, honest opinion. I'm afraid it might turn out too sheer and maybe too stiff? At least from looking at how sheer it is at the floor and how it bunches there. Have you tested how it looks over your arm? Can you just see your arm or is the shape and look of it very clearly visible? Does it drape well?

And the need to raise the inverted V has already been pointed out. Smile But the neckline also needs to go lower and a little wider. (And don't forget the diagonal pleat on the overdress, when you get that far).

I don't know/can't see what your bottom shape is like, but it should basically be an A-line dress, so if you have a nice A-line going, just keep with that. (If you can't easily walk or run, then you need a bigger circumference at the bottom. Don't make my mistake, as I did on my first version, and make the bottom circumference too small. No fun walking in that).

Naa, She was happy because you helped her on her wip and then judged her costume. 😊

The fabric drapes well and nicely, you can see my arm but not that clearly, i'll try to take some photos before sewing the wings to put here.

Yes the V has to be higher and the neckline lower, my sister pointed that instantly as soon as i put it on.

The bottom shape is A shape i can walk with without any problem.

Thank you for all the tips 😁❤
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. Smile I love this costume, but it's deceptively difficult to make.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Good luck. Smile I love this costume, but it's deceptively difficult to make.

Thank you 😊

Yes it is specially the wings and top
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. Laughing I hope it won't give you too much trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, i went to my aunts house to make some adjustments at the dress...

In this foto the bodice part is pinned to the rest, and i'm a really busty girl XD

received_10156728235853709 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

and here, i didn't sew the wings yet, it was just to sew how the fabric looks on my arm

received_10156728236098709 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the inverted V still needs to come up quite a bit, the tip of it should hit in the upper/mid bust region and I am concerned the overlay is too sheer based on how it appears on your shoulder.

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
I think the inverted V still needs to come up quite a bit, the tip of it should hit in the upper/mid bust region and I am concerned the overlay is too sheer based on how it appears on your shoulder.

The V point is already on my mid region, Im really busty, maybe if i lowered even more the neckline

About the fabric i think is good, i saw some photos and it showed a bit of Leia shoulder, but this light doesnt help either
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. The inverted V hits at a good place at the sides, but needs to be sharper and rise higher. And yes, this does mean the line goes over the boobs a bit. (Don't worry, it's screen accurate). Wink
But lowering the neckline some more would also be good. It really is a very low neckline. Lots of cleavage.

I agree with Joy about the overlay fabric; it's too sheer, I'm afraid. Neutral I think your arms will end up being too visible through it and won't give you the right look. Same goes for the train.

Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catiusha wrote:

The V point is already on my mid region, Im really busty, maybe if i lowered even more the neckline

About the fabric i think is good, i saw some photos and it showed a bit of Leia shoulder, but this light doesnt help either

The neckline could help, I am talking about moving it vertically higher so it is closer to the middle of your chest area vertically (it is accurate to have the v over the bust it is not an empire waist as Lora said). If you are having a hard time consider adjusting the angle of your inverted v seam. Smile

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Okay. The inverted V hits at a good place at the sides, but needs to be sharper and rise higher. And yes, this does mean the line goes over the boobs a bit. (Don't worry, it's screen accurate). Wink
But lowering the neckline some more would also be good. It really is a very low neckline. Lots of cleavage.

I agree with Joy about the overlay fabric; it's too sheer, I'm afraid. Neutral I think your arms will end up being too visible through it and won't give you the right look. Same goes for the train.

Ok thank you, Next time i'll make those changes on the bodice.

About the fabric i'll ttry to find something less sheer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
catiusha wrote:

The neckline could help, I am talking about moving it vertically higher so it is closer to the middle of your chest area vertically (it is accurate to have the v over the bust it is not an empire waist as Lora said). If you are having a hard time consider adjusting the angle of your inverted v seam. Smile

I'll do that, thank you 😊
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck. Smile As long as you take your time to get it fitted right, then it should turn out great in the end.

While I hate working with chiffon it does look nice for this dress. (Just not the thin kind).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Best of luck. Smile As long as you take your time to get it fitted right, then it should turn out great in the end.

While I hate working with chiffon it does look nice for this dress. (Just not the thin kind).

Thank you 😊

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bracelet is also ready 3D files by Baris Alrísu

IMG_20171114_192803 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr

IMG_20171114_192733 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr
IMG_20171114_192722 by Priscila Ferreira, no Flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: