Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2e04e99f5d81b642b1ce7470c6652be1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General Obi-Wan Kenobi TCW S1 W.I.P. by LMC3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmc3 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: General Obi-Wan Kenobi TCW S1 W.I.P. by LMC3 Reply with quote

After unsuccessfully trying to get started on this costume for a couple of years (finding a good tailor is not an easy task!), I'm finally ready to roll! All the pieces of the puzzle have been assembled and now I just need to do the work.

What I'm working with:

Jedi / Clone armor from Imperial Surplus
    Tunic / Tabard / Obi from Tailors of Mos Eisley
    Belt / Pouches also from Tailors of Mos Eisley
    Under Armor Undersuit
    Black Nomex gloves
    Lightsaber MKIII-re from LDM
    Twin Duo Shoes from Imperial Boots

My thanks to Kevin @ Imperial Surplus, Warren @ Tailors of Mos Eisley, and Shay Kenobi here on the forum for all of their help/advice in getting to this point!

My goal is to have this completed and approved for Celebration! Looking forward to comments / feedback to help me get this finished! ^_^

Cheers,
Leonard

Last edited by lmc3 () on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaall Ytan ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seing how you handle the chestplates and collar.
    I got the same kit from KWDesigns and have had little feedback or finished pictures from Kevin for the assembly of those parts.
    Shaugi ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh.....didn't know Kevin did the chest armour piece too Surprised
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaall Ytan wrote:
    I got the same kit from KWDesigns and have had little feedback or finished pictures from Kevin for the assembly of those parts.

I'm looking forward to seeing how I will handle it too! LOL Yeah, not a lot of previous direction on those particular parts. I've got a few thoughts, but am waiting to see how everything fits once I've trimmed the pieces down a bit. Will definitely keep the thread updated! I'd appreciate any thoughts you have as well!
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaugi wrote:
    ooooh.....didn't know Kevin did the chest armour piece too Surprised

Can't speak for whether or not Kevin still makes this piece. I've had this kit for about a year and a half now. I believe that even back then, it was not a piece that he advertised on his site. So maybe he still does offer it?
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my legs, shoulder bells, and hand plates trimmed up. Still need to sand them down but, hey, it's progress! Started on one of the arms today - hoping to be done trimming up parts by the end of this week. Will post some more pics then.
    Kaall Ytan ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmc3 wrote:
    Kaall Ytan wrote:

I'm looking forward to seeing how I will handle it too! LOL Yeah, not a lot of previous direction on those particular parts. I've got a few thoughts, but am waiting to see how everything fits once I've trimmed the pieces down a bit. Will definitely keep the thread updated! I'd appreciate any thoughts you have as well!

I finally went and assembled the chestplate and back insert using a suggestion from my mother, using elastic thread so it is always assembled and slides over my head kinda like a shirt. For now I also ditched the hard collar and sewn a fabric collar that I'll distress to match the painted weathering on the other plates.
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on how you did the collar Kaall! Still thinking about how to do that myself. I noticed in that other "Mythos" build thread that it appeared to be a rubber collar all around. Interesting.

Anyway, finished trimming up biceps and forearms last weekend. Hoping to get everything sanded down and start assembling some parts this weekend. ^_^

Last edited by lmc3 () on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    blitz1027 (Zadok)
    Dagobah Base XO
    Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something you should be aware of that I noticed from the pics you posted is that your boots are the realistic (movie) version of the clone boots and not the animated style of clone boots.

In TCW Obi-Wan wears animated style clone boots not the Realistic version

Clone Pilot, Swoop. Formal
    Generic Jedi, Dyza. Formal
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitz1027 wrote:
    Something you should be aware of that I noticed from the pics you posted is that your boots are the realistic (movie) version of the clone boots and not the animated style of clone boots.

Thanks for the head's up. Didn't realize there was a difference there. Will see how I can modify these to be more accurate. Accuracy is of course preferred.
    blitz1027 (Zadok)
    Dagobah Base XO
    Dagobah Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmc3 wrote:
    blitz1027 wrote:

Thanks for the head's up. Didn't realize there was a difference there. Will see how I can modify these to be more accurate. Accuracy is of course preferred.

Not a problem. I just wanted you to be aware before you submitted pics for approval. The animated boots aren't near as detailed as the realistic versions.

Clone Pilot, Swoop. Formal
    Generic Jedi, Dyza. Formal
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack of updates over the past 2 months. Work, life, etc... My goal of finishing in time for Celebration did not happen. Not much progress to report other than continued trimming and sanding of the parts. I ended up having to get a new Dremel as the first one I bought was just too underpowered for some of the thicker armor parts.

I did finally get around to gluing one of the forearms and one of the biceps. Decided to go the e6000 route. Takes a lot more time to dry than CA glue, but wanted to have the flexibility of pulling it apart if I made a mistake.

Last edited by lmc3 () on Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a ton of progress since my last post, although I did get some advice regarding the seamless join of the armor and long story short, I need to re-do my armor. Good thing I used e6000! So, I will be working on that this weekend.

Also, moving my pics from Photobucket to another service and will update the links.
    Lora Skywalker ()
    Detachment XO
    Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with all of that. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
    lmc3 ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got my picture links restored. Hope to have time to post some updates on my build in the near future.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: