Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=687a0ba1dd3fc5e69d32a96985e27134Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebels Ahsoka/Fulcrum Build WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doodlepony ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Rebels Ahsoka/Fulcrum Build WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I’ve been working on my Rebels Ahsoka build for about a year now and am slowly getting it ready to submit to RL. I’ve had a lot of suggestions to make a WIP post so I can get some tips on how to make it at Legion standard. (pic heavy post incoming!)

Headpiece:

Headpiece is made out of 1-inch upholstrey foam.

I covered it with a cottony muslin fabric rather than stretchy material due to what I had available whilst working on it.

Unpainted vs. Painted headpiece (plus one silly friend for emotional support!)

Headpiece minus the crown

Armour:

Made the armour out of craft foam and painted with acrylic paints.

Belt:
Under-belt is made out of flannel and backed by interfacing. The belt is made out of black vinyl and painted brass fasteners to hold it together.

[img[https://imgur.com/PvQE8Ij.jpg[/img]

The belt and under-belt are meant to sit on my hips like this pic, but my current dress is too short so the belt sags around my waist for now. Hopefully, it will look better when I get the dress redone/fixed.

Lightsabers:
I got the hilts 3D printed and painted themselves. Long term plan is to put electronics and sounds into them. I also have blades for them.

Dress:
The dress material is a two-way stretch fabric. I had a seamstress make the dress for me due to con-crunch.

Here’s some pictures of what the build currently looks like.

First version vs. now.

I’ve still got some work to go.
Namely, I’ve got to make the boot covers actually conform to my calf!
I’m also going to work on lengthening the dress and making the armband holes a smaller size. I may just end up redoing the dress depending on time and funds.

Let me know what you all think! ahsoka
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Smile

I can see the issues with the dress and the boot covers, but since you're aware of them, I'm sure you'll get them done, no problem.
I'm a bit concerned about the transition from the montrals to the back 'lekku'; it looks kinda sharp and with some wrinkling where the seam is. Maybe someone with more experience with Ahsoka can give it a look.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Doodlepony ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my boots Smile

I've still got to put the elastics around the bottom of them, but they fit really well!
Doodlepony ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Update on my costume Reply with quote

So I submitted to RL with these pics and got a response back. The judge said that the costume was good, but my facepaint lines needed to be sharper. I experimented with a different set of brushes a little later, here's a comparison.

The one on the left is from the photoshoot of the photos I submitted to RL the one on the right is with the new brushes. Is there any other ways I can improve it, or is it alright? I'm using waterbased paints and facepaint sponges/brushes. Side note I didn't conceal my eyebrows in the second one, because it was nearly 25˚C outside!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: