Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=134253f885efcb386a04731eefb72c7bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lekku painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaki ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Lekku painting Reply with quote

This is for people who don't have an airbrush but want to try spray painting their lekku. With the Preval cans you can use your own paint. I thought it was a handy option and you can find these cans at home depot.
neimhaille ()
Naboo Outpost CO
Naboo Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found one on a local auction site, so I may just see how they go Smile I do have an airbrush, and use compressed air (just tracking a shiny new compressor on its way to me.)

I'm thinking of doing a breakdown on different tools for different tasks. I know a lot of people aren't in the situation of making lots of alien pieces so a tool like this could offer a chance to work on their one off creation Smile

Armourer, sculptor, seamstress, tailor.
ShadowKillion ()

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend using a plasti dip base, painting design work as needed, and then sealing with a clear matte plasti dip. At least that's what I've done for two of my five sets of lekku and they hold up great on latex lekku.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: