Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f78b677b9f223122f4c9711ab98f4ea5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron (The Last Jedi)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Poe Dameron (The Last Jedi) Reply with quote

Figured I'd throw my hat into this ring too, since I saw there's another Poe being produced.

I've been working on this one for a bit, and have made some pretty decent progress. A few more things to get in order before I can finish it off though.

The first two pics are when I completed the construction of the jacket (it was originally a P coat, I shortened it, and re-shaped the collar and lapels completely to be accurate to the design in the film). The shoulder patch is made of leather that I painted white and then painted on the red Starbird. This also shows off the holster rig I made, which is scratch built from leather.

This is the jacket as it appears now, with weathering done to both the jacket itself, and the patch on the shoulder. Rather than risk wrecking the jacket with sanding, I actually used brown acrylic paint to make it seem as though the leather's brown is beginning to show through the black finish, since Poe's jacket looks both brown OR black, depending on the lighting, I saw this as an accurate balance.

And finally we come to the blaster itself. For the paint job I did a base coat of black primer, then added a coat of metallic silver on top of it, and used black acrylic paint to add in the detailing and weathering spots.

Member:
Kyle Katarn
Knight of the New Jedi Order
Temple: Stormfront
Captain, Rebellion/New Republic Intelligence
Home Base: Ra Kura (Florida)
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assembled all the pieces finally!

Member:
Kyle Katarn
Knight of the New Jedi Order
Temple: Stormfront
Captain, Rebellion/New Republic Intelligence
Home Base: Ra Kura (Florida)

Last edited by Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco) on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it so far! The Visual Dictionary comes out today, so we can hopefully get some good images of the jacket! I really like your painting/weathering of the pistol!

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: