Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7ed5dab2f13107ebd7c536502801ef0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Opinions on this helmet kit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Opinions on this helmet kit? Reply with quote

Redwillow wrote:
Has anyone tried this helmet kit from ChristWerxProps ? I believe they are also listed for sale on RPF.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/280838536/raw-kit-fan-made-tfa-x-wing-pilot-helmet?ref=shop_home_feat_1

I'm looking for a reasonably priced kit with decals.

Update
Went with the Allen Amis kit and finished pics are at
https://emeraldb.com/2017/02/26/star-wars-the-force-awakens-poe-resistance-pilot-costume-part-1-helmet/

Hello.

Do you still have any new kits?

I would like to purchase a helmet after the holidays.

I can paint the helmet. I am not a good fabricator.

By the way, are your helmets RL ok?
DroidWelder ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Opinions on this helmet kit? Reply with quote

RyongKai wrote:

Hello.

Do you still have any new kits?

I would like to purchase a helmet after the holidays.

I can paint the helmet. I am not a good fabricator.

By the way, are your helmets RL ok?

You would probably be better off to get one of the Hasbro Black Series Poe Dameron Helmets that are available for around $80.

It may need a couple small mods and repaint for RL approval, but would be much less work than a kit would need.

A Video Review of the Helmet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOjW32OhPAE
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really tempted to buy a hasbro black poe helmet and modify to my own design.

I would really, really, REALLY like a RLSC or an officer to give us pilots the green light to buy this beauty. I would hate to get my helmet modified and then told by RL costume judges that the helmet isnt cannon. I would like to do the same with a hasbro black version of the a-wing helmet.

Still waiting...
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyongKai wrote:
I am really tempted to buy a hasbro black poe helmet and modify to my own design.

I would really, really, REALLY like a RLSC or an officer to give us pilots the green light to buy this beauty. I would hate to get my helmet modified and then told by RL costume judges that the helmet isnt cannon. I would like to do the same with a hasbro black version of the a-wing helmet.

Still waiting...
I though that there was a thread posted about it, but the Black Series helmets are perfectly acceptable. Albeit with some modifications. The thumb tab by the battery compartment needs to be filled in, the on/off switch needs to be filled in, repaint the microphone a better metallic silver color and add a black cord to it (you might also replace the arm with a thinner one but it's not required), on the rear cord greeblie replace the black plastic "cords" with a real black cord, and the "sliced onion" graphic on the right cheek needs to be filled in as well if it's not being used as part of the paint scheme... If the graphic is being used as part of the helmet paint scheme the etched in graphic can stay but it must be painted.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - RLSC Pilot Mentor - Alpha Base Member

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Movielover1401 ()

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the best way to "fill in" these areas with?
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
RyongKai wrote:

Still waiting...
I though that there was a thread posted about it, but the Black Series helmets are perfectly acceptable. Albeit with some modifications. The thumb tab by the battery compartment needs to be filled in, the on/off switch needs to be filled in, repaint the microphone a better metallic silver color and add a black cord to it (you might also replace the arm with a thinner one but it's not required), on the rear cord greeblie replace the black plastic "cords" with a real black cord, and the "sliced onion" graphic on the right cheek needs to be filled in as well if it's not being used as part of the paint scheme... If the graphic is being used as part of the helmet paint scheme the etched in graphic can stay but it must be painted.

Many thanks!
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movielover1401 wrote:
What would be the best way to "fill in" these areas with?
Probably Bondo or something similar.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - RLSC Pilot Mentor - Alpha Base Member

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2 part epoxy modelling putty. The shell should take that or automotive filler pretty well.

Got some nice stainless rod to replace the mic boom too.
twhigham (Troy Whigham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
RyongKai wrote:

Still waiting...

Here's the thread (if I linked it right).

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83451
RyongKai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: