Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0bc6a9eb0d9a7cdaeb2a019a1e99ba32Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hello from Jacksonville!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeriB ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Hello from Jacksonville! Reply with quote

Hello.
I was just in New York and went as a handler for dear friends in Echo Base. It was an amazing experience. I’m very close to submitting my Senatorial Leia for approval. I have two questions. Firstly, what group should I speak with about becoming involved in or around the Jacksonville area? And secondly, do you allow people to volunteer as handlers at troops while they await approval?

I’m very excited about this prospect.

Thank you very much for your time,
Teri
Moonsault (David Rosen)
Ra Kura Base CO
Ra Kura Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Teri!

When you get approved in your costume and get full access to the boards you'll see how everything works, but you'll be looking at events in the North East (Jacksonville) area. Ben Faircloth (DragonTrooper) is the Captain up there for Ra Kura, and also coincidentally the Squad Leader for the local 501st, so he's the guy to talk to up there! Hopefully he will chime in here soon Wink

Are you on Facebook? Make sure you sign up to the Ra Kura recruits page here and say hi!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RaKuraRecruits/

Then when you get approved, join the members group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/rakuramembers/

That's where you will get most of our news and announcements besides the main RL boards.

Hope that helps, and welcome again!

Best wishes,

David
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Teri! Welcome and I can't wait to see your Leia! I'm in the Jacksonville area as well and am pretty new to the RL, but I'm happy to help in any way possible. I'm not sure what the specifics are in terms of handling, but I'm sure Ben will be more than happy to fill you in. Hope to see you at a troop soon!
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome to Ra Kura! I look forward to seeing your Leia costume. Leia Buns
ROTJ Leia (complete)
TFA General Leia (complete)
Senatorial Leia (in progress)
Ceremonial Leia (in progress)
AOTC Jamilla (90%)
AOTC Corde' (in progress)
Mara Jade (501st Approved)
DragonTrooper (Ben Faircloth)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the Ra Kura Base Jacksonville area! Sorry for the late response, but we would love to have you come out to some events and start meeting more of our community up here. As soon as the costume is approved you will have many doors open to you as far as seeing and attending events, but in the meantime, you are more than welcome to come out to handle for us.

Our club works very closely as well with the other LFL clubs in the area. Specifically the 501st Legion. As such, our recruits that are working on projects up here and still want to get involved have a local group to resource off of. You can search Facebook for Squad 7 Recruits. You should find a group that you can request access to. In this group, we often post about upcoming events that are open to non-members to come help out.

Please dont hesitate to ask if you need any help, and we all look forward to seeing your costume!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Approved Today Reply with quote

My rebel fleet trooper costume was approved today and I'm taking it to Infinity Con!
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=17634
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Ra Kura Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: