Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=56b3bbc56dcfaaffd237d82b7c1a8954Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I am looking for a sound system for a wookiee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hossman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: I am looking for a sound system for a wookiee? Reply with quote

Does anybody know where I could get one? or any tutorials on how to put one together?
Thanks
ZeroCooL ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres a tutorial on my blog (in my build thread)

Look up baddawgspromotions on Ebay. They do a sound board for peanuts that you can put your own sounds on linked to switches.

Mine are in my gloves
Yiyo (Tom)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: I am looking for a sound system for a wookiee? Reply with quote

Hossman wrote:
Does anybody know where I could get one? or any tutorials on how to put one together?
Thanks

Hi, check out The Blockade Runner Supply on Facebook - they do a great kit Smile
TD28125 Sandtrooper (501)
Thrain, Generic Wookiee (RL)
Admiral Ackbar (RL)
Gigglesdatrooper (Jason Widger)
Utapau Base CO
Utapau Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently just updated an app called trooper talk (mainly used for storm troopers ) but on there he has a bunch of other voices. All you need is a phone (not sure if it works with anything but apple) a mic and a speaker. Just talk and it comes out sounding like chewie.

it has jawa, tusken, c3po etc.

Can get it from the apple store and not sure how much
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a bluetooth set up that is VERY easy to do yourself.

I got the soundboard (and buttons) from:
http://www.electronics123.com/shop/product/fn-bc04-tb-4-buttons-triggered-mp3-player-board-with-10w-amplifier-and-terminal-blocks-8267

There is a version without screws, but I was looking for quick fix ability during troops.

I added a bluetooth transmitter to that board and have it attached to a compression glove under my glove. I recommend taping wires together as much as possible because they do move a bit under the glove.

I have a small but loud bluetooth speaker that I got off amazon and has a carbine clip on it. I attach the clip to my shoulder pads under the shirt and turn it up once everything pairs up.

Gives me plenty of sound and no wires run beyond my glove. If you do this, just make sure the transmitter and speaker are compatible because I didn't think about it and ended up with a few extras in my order of a different type that did not work out. Glad I overbuy most of the time.

Charge in all parts last longer than I can troop, so never had any issues except once I hit the microSD card and it unseated. Wookiee started speaking chinese.
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: