Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7567540169e59681913786f7db44530cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Poe Dameron nerf blaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northstars6 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Poe Dameron nerf blaster Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I don't know if this has been talked about, but would you be able to use the Nerf Poe Dameron blaster?
Merc_with_a_Bryar (Sam Falco)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it to make mine. The size is accurate, and generally as long as it's accurate to the appearance of the actual prop it shouldn't matter. I sanded off all the copyright info, the Star Wars logo, the nerf accessories mount, etc. to make sure. I know a bunch of Scarif commandos used the nerf gun for their A280 rifles.

Member:
Ra Kura Base (Florida)
Stormfront Temple
Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order
Galactic Stategic Command
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blaster will work, yeah. It's a little bit bigger than the real prop, actually, but not by much, not enough to worry about. As long as you remove the Star Wars logo, warning information, fill in the seams and paint it well, it should be just fine.

Honestly, my biggest complaint about the blaster, aside from the scope mount and weird pill-shaped thing on the bottom of the barrel, my biggest complaint is that the left side doesn't have the pill-shaped slots like the right side does. The left side looks so empty without them (which is why I left the bit of paneling on mine, even if it's not accurate it helps it so it's not so blank), and it would have been nice to have the lights visible from both sides. Ah well...

I painted one for myself. This is how mine turned out...

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-Former RLSC XO - Former Costume Judge - RLSC Costume Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
northstars6 ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look great! I think I will invest in one or two. I wonder would you be able to remove the scope mount?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that you could remove the mount. Just take a Dremel to it and cut it off. I'm not sure if you might have to open up the blaster first or not and separate the two halves of it, I'm not sure if there are any wires tucked up inside of it, but I have seen it removed before.

I saw some doing a build with this Hasbro blaster where he cut the mount off, and replaced the muzzle with a more accurate 3D printed one and replaced the blast chamber with a The Force Awakens 3D printed chamber. He filled in the thumb slot, too, which I had been tempted to do as well but didn't... I wanted to keep the dart-firing functionality just for fun and couldn't think of any way to pull the plunger back without the thumb slot or adding some sort of very-much-inaccurate pull tab...

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SeanTX ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great second blaster. You have a nice one you get approced that looks 100% legit then a second cheap (this one) blaster sand it paint it leave the tip orange. And its perfect for trooping. Its lighter more legal if it gets damaged or stolen waaaay cheaper and less heart stopping.
northstars6 ()

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If modified, is there any way that the nerf blaster would be approved?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

northstars6 wrote:
If modified, is there any way that the nerf blaster would be approved?
Yeah, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be approved. I think that it would be just fine.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: