Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b096c8dd28bbdfc0c1faeee5c8210f4dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Generic Smuggler?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaviorbat (Chris Butler)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Generic Smuggler? Reply with quote

Is it possible to do a Generic smuggler/freighter pilot/etc? I can't find any "standards" or anything for that to say whats needed where.
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 12 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

no generic smugglers are currently approved in Rebel Legion ... but ... this is not limitation for you - you can create a any costume you like / you want Wink
xaviorbat (Chris Butler)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ok, so smugglers do sort of a "make it look good and put a blaster on it" since logically it wouldn't have a set list of attire except for face characters, is that right?

EDIT: Not trying to sound flippant, I just noticed it did after I posted.
Admiral ED (Eduardo Jara)
Costa Rica Outpost CO
Costa Rica Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe (I'm not an detachment expert) a Smuggler from The Old Republic, a game generic one before any costumization could do the trick....

Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JohnstonMR (Michael Johnston)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife's idea is a Fringe costume that is similar to Han Solo, but she's concerned people would think she's trying to do a gender-swapped Han Solo (it's based on an RPG New Republic character she played who idolized Solo from the holo-dramas).

My reading of the bylaws and standards suggest she could not do this without first creating a canonical formal costume, is that right? My only concern is that she wants to join RL with me (I'm working on a jedi outfit), but she finds the available canonical choices somewhat confining. So she's wondering if a Han Solo-esque character could be approved.
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very interested in seeing RL quality generic smuggler builds. No guarantee that there would ever be a costume standard, but there's standards for generic Jedi and Scarif troopers, so it's definitely a possibility someday. Gather reference photos, document everything, and see what happens!

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: