Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=341607a656cc880726755f361145cc6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Keeping the band cool (Bith musicians or other latex aliens)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaughn ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Keeping the band cool (Bith musicians or other latex aliens) Reply with quote

Question for everyone that is a Bith Musician or wears a latex mask...What do you do to stay cool?

With the Bith mask, there's only one hole (the mouth). I'm hesitant to puncture any other holes in the mask. I placed two fans inside however the noise from the fans makes it so I can't really hear what's going on outside the mask (not to mention the awesome Cantina music I'm bumping). The fans I'm using are excellent quiet fans but when contained in that mask they just vibrate and cause noise - plus it just blows hot air around instead of really cooling me off.

I'm tempted to put some smaller holes underneath the ridges of the cheeks so they're not visible to provide more air flow. Possible some needle sized holes near my ears to help me hear outside the mask. However, I'm chicken and don't want to poke any holes in the mask!

Looking for any suggestions for what other tricks of the trade are out there. Take care!
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could try to get a set of small plastic tube (aquarium style) along the neck to the chest and the fans at the extrrmity of those tubes.
I don't know how much space you have inside the mask.

But I know some Imperial pilot go like that, they actually have the fans in the chest box, pushing fresh air for one to the left tube going to the helmet for example, while the second one by the other tube suck the hot air out of the helmet.
Although they have larger tubes, I guess maybe it can be done the same with smaller multiple tubes ?
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone through two fan builds, and finally got one I'm happy with... and now use it for all of our masked costumes. I'll take pics this weekend.

501st: ID, DZ, CT, IS, DZ, IG, TI, IC, IC, TK, TS, SL, SL, TB, DS, TR, BH, TA, ID, TI, DZ
Rebel: RT, RS, JD, WH, RP, JD, RT, CL, RT, RS, RT, WH, JD, RT, RT
Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be able to post those fan photos?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: