Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=06d9acedf9afbc4ce6236dc836332381Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The Last Jedi - Leia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it will end up great. Smile I, for one, look forward to seeing this on the big screen tomorrow.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having seen the film twice here are some observations.

There is a seam between the collar and the main coat in the back, it's not cut in one.

There is definitely a center front seam on the dress.

The earrings are more complicated and in the back of the ear the continue as a quite small tendril up and almost around the ear.

The hair in the back have two low round buns, bascially the cinnamon buns, but smaller and put in the nape of the neck instead of the sides.

My one stone ring is too small.
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are photos of me in the full costume.

And our only group photo, even if our Kylo and FOTK and TK had to leave so that would have a chance to get changed before the film started.

I feel short.
ibejedi (Heather Tanner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Visual Guide has some wonderful photos of her jewelry for the "grey outfit" on the Leia pages. If you've seen the movie, then take a look -- I saw them a few days before the movie and they did have very minor spoilers. I will send you the link if you like (don't want to post since it was "leaked photos" that I saw, and they have spoilers).

And you look great!! I didn't do a WIP on mine, but with few tweaks I'll be completely done and ready to submit Smile Hoping I can find that poster to pose with at the theater tonight.
“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What's important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” - Carrie Fisher
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can send those to me. Smile I'd love to see all the images of the costumes.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Zxielle ()
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a separate thread for the cloak worn at the end of the movie? The one with the big collar? Is it brown and full length like the Vanity Fair pics? Any clue as to the dress worn under this one?
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we have one (yet). But it's a black gown with an olive grey coat according to the official sources.

ibejedi (Heather Tanner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All -- Here is a link to my Google drive where I have pretty much all of the reference images I collected before the film came out. Some are duplicates, because I found a larger size, etc. One really useful one was the full Visual Guide photo -- which is HUGE. I was able to enlarge it to "life size" for her wrist/hand/bracelet, and that's how I made my bracelet template -- I traced it from the screen. (And btw, there are 24 or 25 individual strands of wire on the bracelet -- yes I counted Very Happy)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5SNpGP4_z5BAPPxd8AYinwQBUqOJykP/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to copy and save any photos from there!
“Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What's important is the action. You don't have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” - Carrie Fisher
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibejedi wrote:
All -- Here is a link to my Google drive where I have pretty much all of the reference images I collected before the film came out. Some are duplicates, because I found a larger size, etc. One really useful one was the full Visual Guide photo -- which is HUGE. I was able to enlarge it to "life size" for her wrist/hand/bracelet, and that's how I made my bracelet template -- I traced it from the screen. (And btw, there are 24 or 25 individual strands of wire on the bracelet -- yes I counted Very Happy)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5SNpGP4_z5BAPPxd8AYinwQBUqOJykP/view?usp=sharing

Feel free to copy and save any photos from there!

thanks so much for sharing!!!!! Amadalia

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios
ibejedi (Heather Tanner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added the new image that was released in the last day or two -- from TLJ with Leia sitting in thought w/a cup Smile I plan to keep adding anything I find to this drive location as things come available
ellisbelle ()

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. This is my first post here. I made Leia's brown cloak from the end of Last Jedi for a convention the week before the film was released. I was pleased with how it turned out. (The wig is always the hardest part of any of Leia's costumes for me. I just got a new base wig in the mail yesterday to start styling for a local con next month.)

I'm also working on the gray outfit and the hospital gown (because, hey, I already have the blaster). Any feedback would be appreciated (except about the wig, because I know that lace is way darker than my skin and the butterfly clips have to go). I've looked around the forums but are there standards for any of Leia's costumes from Last Jedi yet?

These pics are from a shoot we did at Jekyll Island Comic Con.

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start. Very Happy We are currently discussing Leia's bridge outfit, but none others yet. The grey one is the one we currently have the most references off.

plushie (Shana Rich)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely gorgeous!

Alpha 75 - "No Instructions? No problem!"
FISD - First Order
501st Pathfinder
Rebel Legion - Galactic Senate, RLSC
stripeythecat (Alex Rose)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the individual picture in the Visual Dictionary the very large, single stone ring on Leia's left hand looks as if it is green and blue with flashes of pink and white on it (underneath the gold claws). The costume standards are suggesting blue to match the other ring - what should I aim for? (I'm not able to get on to Heather's photo collection, sadly).
PS Everyone's photos above look amazing!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main color does appear to be blue, but as you say, with other colors mixed in. Kinda like how eyes are not just one color either. Smile If you make it look like the references then all should be fine. Just add the reference in question to the application if you want to be sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: