Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b5a213e797b4a6edd9d73fe471b0a48bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

2018 Rebel (OT) X-Wing Pilot Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonhaag (Jon Haag)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my status on the checklist. Iíll be able to contribute to printing anything thatís needed.

Iím assuming WampaWear for the flightsuit? Where are we ordering flak vests from?
Expload (Jon Pike)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just submitted the form, I mostly need a real flightsuit (and the code cylinders and com on the arm) and flak vest. I think I have everything else.
Expload (Jon Pike)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh also I have a extra leg harness from wampawear I never used because I ended up getting a sewing machine and made all my stuff. The measurements for it are below. Let me know if anyone wants it. Its in storage right now because Im moving homes but I'll have access to it next month.

mid thigh 27 inches

Midthigh to sterum 32 inche
treblemaker (Carly Kennedy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erictank wrote:
Incidentally, this means I have an old resin commpad that I will not be using. It's a little small for my arm (pretty steep curve on the base part for someone my size). It'll be cheap, if someone wants to buy it from me.

Iíve started a new document in the Google Drive Folder for extra parts that people have available, listed your resin commpad there. Hopefully thatíll make it easy for folks to connect on items and things wonít get lost in the thread!

stan#50 wrote:
Stan50 standing by Smile Excited to be a part of this!

Welcome welcome! Weíll get you all set up with your very own (not mine) x-wing helmet! Wink

jonhaag wrote:
Updated my status on the checklist. Iíll be able to contribute to printing anything thatís needed.
Iím assuming WampaWear for the flightsuit? Where are we ordering flak vests from?

Excellent! Iíll add you to the list of 3D printers!
Yes, WampaWear should be a good source for the flightsuit, an alternative Iím aware of is Pilot Bay. For the flak vests, you can also check with Pilot Bay or I understand that Darth Hair also sells them.
If anyone else knows of any other vendor options, please feel free to chime in!

Expload wrote:
Just submitted the form, I mostly need a real flightsuit (and the code cylinders and com on the arm) and flak vest. I think I have everything else.

The flightsuit and flak vest are what weíre starting with, so youíre in good company! Iíve added your harness to the list of extra pieces available!
jonhaag (Jon Haag)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the fact that we have a local 501st guy who has been getting the runaround since May about a TIE kit, Iím definitely stay far away from PilotBay.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonhaag wrote:
Considering the fact that we have a local 501st guy who has been getting the runaround since May about a TIE kit, Iím definitely stay far away from PilotBay.

Oh dear. Sad

I'll see what other info I can find out about potential flak vest vendors. If you contact Darth Hair about it let me know how that goes!
Expload (Jon Pike)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I modify this flak jacket to meet standards? This is what I have currently and want to know if its worth spending the time changing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0114WATEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expload wrote:
Can I modify this flak jacket to meet standards? This is what I have currently and want to know if its worth spending the time changing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0114WATEE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just at a quick glance, it would require a lot of modding to meet the standards (for example: the section of narrower ribs should actually be flat with horizontal stitching detail). I'm also afraid that the judges would have a problem with the fabric type, I believe the one for sale on Amazon is cotton, correct?
Requirements are for ballistic nylon or similar.

My best recommendation would be to go into the Pilot section of the forums and ask if anyone has successfully modded that flak vest for approval before, and/or if anyone has any recommendations.
jyn-ah mairo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am almost done with mine - minor edits to make, and I need to finish my helmet. Hopefully this will help motivate me to finish!!! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyn-ah mairo wrote:
I am almost done with mine - minor edits to make, and I need to finish my helmet. Hopefully this will help motivate me to finish!!! Smile

Welcome aboard!

All:
darthhair and his wife do flak vests, so you can reach out to him via pm if you're still looking for a flak vest vendor.

Joy will also be providing information on the vendor she got a flak vest from when she gets a chance.
Bouri-Plwel (Rick Bouwhuis)
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Dragon Con 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need a new lag flare holder if anyone has a good source....mine never has fit well and is starting to fall apart.

"It was an honor just to be nominated!"
"Remember - You are UNIQUE....Just like everyone else!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouri-Plwel wrote:
need a new lag flare holder if anyone has a good source....mine never has fit well and is starting to fall apart.

Mine is a good fit, got it from WampaWear!
QuinnzillA91197 (Quinn brown)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to this! I'm interested in building a Jaina Solo, just not sure which color flight suit to do yet. Any help is greatly appreciated! Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinnzillA91197 wrote:
Add me to this! I'm interested in building a Jaina Solo, just not sure which color flight suit to do yet. Any help is greatly appreciated! Smile

Awesome! Welcome aboard! Be sure to fill out the form in the top post on this thread so I can send you the google drive folder info!
chaosbria (Bria LaVorgna)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For local folks, I should be able to help out with making the leg flare holders for dirt cheap. I believe that all I need is the top measurement around your boot (so it fits) and preferably, one of your flares because then I can make sure the loops are as tight as possible. (No but seriously... happy to help here. The 25 yard spool for the olive was cheaper than the 10 yard spool so I'm going to have like 24 yards more than I actually need.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: