Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3cc1be9725e73e395ded6ab790e7e747Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Standard Revision] Battle of Endor Leia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:

- What do you mean by oval piece ? which piece do you refer to ?
- To be clearer, I think the "It" form your change should be "The hood" Wink

I'll try, though I wouldn't look at anything "cosplay" related and just stick to sewing and costuming information sources.

There are 4 parts to the pattern that I posted in the diagram above, the two "Hood" pieces are the parts that would go over the head/helmet, that attach to the poncho at the neck. The other two are the oval, or donut. It's the same piece, but twice because it is lining itself on the inside of the hood. The Hood itself is not lined so it's not too thick. When the hood is worn down, as it is throughout the movie, the Oval/Donut is what is most visible around the neck, while the Hood part of the pattern is bunched up, or bloused, underneath the Oval/Donut.

Does this help?

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Threads: Meadow Gown: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100662
Ceremonial Leia: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=986837#986837
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a try at this wording. How about this?

Quote:
e. Poncho features a hood that can cover the helmet when worn. It is closed at the neck with oval-shaped frame around the face. When worn down, hood should hang loosely under oval piece. Hood should hang down to shoulder-blade/mid back level in back and should have 2-4 inches/5-10 cm of fabric in front.

Does that convey what you wanted Vera? Is it clear to you Ritin Kornas?

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vera, I had perfectly the point because we discuss it since a couple of message. My only problem is that for someone else not speaking english, it would have been hard to understand.

The only translation I could find for "bloused" in dictionaries has something to do with trickery/treachery/deceiving someone... So I didn't saw how it was relating to clothing Wink
Now with you explanation I have found another translation for "bloused" which can indeed match... but which is something reeeeeeally old way to say ^^' and as it can mean something completely different in French, I had not reacted on the cloth-related meaning Wink

I think the proposition of Jenna is perfect for non-native english speakers to understand more easily the standard Smile

Thank you both for your enlightenments on this tricky part Smile
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, language. Such a fun thing. Smile But it is a good discussion on how we best word this so it becomes clear to all.

Regarding the color of the belt would forest green/dark green be adequate as an description? You are right that it shouldn't be too light.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Ah, language. Such a fun thing. Smile But it is a good discussion on how we best word this so it becomes clear to all.

Regarding the color of the belt would forest green/dark green be adequate as an description? You are right that it shouldn't be too light.

Should we validate this one and pass it to the judge ? there has been no discussion on it since beginning of the month, and I think we reach a consensus?
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right; this should be wrapped up. Sorry; the detachment leadership have been a bit busy lately. Rolling Eyes
I Jenna doesn't beat me to it, then I'll see if I can get this done this weekend.

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:

The only translation I could find for "bloused" in dictionaries has something to do with trickery/treachery/deceiving someone... So I didn't saw how it was relating to clothing Wink
Now with you explanation I have found another translation for "bloused" which can indeed match... but which is something reeeeeeally old way to say ^^'

Really? I've seen it all over the place on the forums, such as how Leia's senatorial dress is bloused over her belt or someone's pants are bloused over the tops of their boots. It's in the standards for the Senatorial dress, also, is that something we need to address? I've never thought of it as an old term before!

Costumer of the Year - 2010
Current Build Threads: Meadow Gown: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100662
Ceremonial Leia: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=986837#986837
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leia wrote:
Ritin Kornas wrote:

Now with you explanation I have found another translation for "bloused" which can indeed match... but which is something reeeeeeally old way to say ^^'

Really? I've seen it all over the place on the forums, such as how Leia's senatorial dress is bloused over her belt or someone's pants are bloused over the tops of their boots. It's in the standards for the Senatorial dress, also, is that something we need to address? I've never thought of it as an old term before!

The French translation is an old one, doesn't mean the english is. Wink And that is why I was going for the change, just to ensure smoother translations in other languages, with less implicit/cryptic words to translate, with maybe something in 2/3 words instead of only one, but more explicit. Mr. Green
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I went and fell ill as December came so I didn't get this looked at. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about it.

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelLady shared a very helpful suggestion for this standard. The current wording for the vest quilting could be limiting for smaller or larger costumers. Ultimately, we need some flexibility in size and number of quilted squares/lines so that it can look proportional to the wearer.

Quote:
Endor Briefing Version Only:
1. Medium gray vest with cap sleeves. The vest should include the following details:
a. gathering at the waist with an approximately 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges.
b. top stitching approximately 1-1.5 inches/2.5-3.8 cm from the outside edge on both the right and left sides, and 5 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart on the right-front (not including the edge top-stitching) and 8 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart along the right-back yoke. Sitching size may be adjusted in order to remain in proportion with the person wearing the costume.
c. one knife pleat folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5 inches/1.25 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest.
d. a front yoke starting roughly 1 inch/2.5 cm from the top of the knife pleat and angling up toward the sleeve opening
e. a back yoke angling up slightly from the back center point.
f. top stitching around the sleeve seam, front yoke and back yoke is preferred but not required.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Smile I don't suppose there are any other last comments we need to add?

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this never got written all together and checked through, but here it is. This will now be sent along to the CSC. Smile

Battle of Endor (Commando and Briefing Room) Leia Standards

Endor Briefing Room Version:
Shirt, Pants, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Vest, Rank Insignia, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back pouches (2-3), Holster with optional blaster and hair style with optional leather "x" detail.

Endor Commando Version:
Shirt, Pants, Poncho, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back pouches (2-3), Holster with optional blaster, Hair style with optional leather "x" detail, Optional vest and optional helmet.

(Each version must be approved seperately).

Both Versions:

Shirt
1. Tan or beige short sleeved shirt, with the following elements included:
a. Sleeves should reach almost to the elbow with a wide approximately 3” / 7.5 cm cuff folded up.
b. Each sleeve features a vented pocket (roughly 4” by 5” / 10 cm by 12.5 cm) and flap partially sewn to the outside of each sleeve. The pocket should lay over the cuff.
c. The collar on the shirt should be loose fitting, and have a pointed shape
d. The shirt should close right over left and lay open to the upper breastbone with no visible snaps, zippers or other closures.

Pants
2. Cool pale blue/grey-blue twill pants, tailored with a natural waist height. A solid burnished yellow or gold non-shiny stripe about 1” / 2.5 cm wide on each side seam. The pants should fit loosely enough to billow slightly at the top of the boot.

Boots
3. Low-heeled, black leather or leather-like, non-shiny boots. Boots must be over calf and loose-fitting; no zippers unless covered or a black zipper located on inside of leg. No buckles or straps.

Communicator
4. Black and silver watch-like communication device on left wrist with a black strap. Painted and weathered to match screen references.

Belt
5. Dark forest or dark drab green 2” / 5 cm wide twill belt with the following details:
a. A black metal slide in front approximately 1.5-2” / 3.8-5 cm in width and 3-3.5” / 7.5-8.8 cm in height.
b. One black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouch (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) on the left front. Pouch should have a boxy shape with curved lower edges and feature a thin (1.5” / 3.8 cm) strap to hold the top in place.
c. 2-3 black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouches (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) in the back with no visible snaps.
d. A black leather or vinyl holster.

Hair
6. Two braids wrapped around head with a densely braided figure eight-style bun in back. Optional thin tan/light brown suede or leather like chording in a wide "x" pattern over the top of each front braid. Naturally-occurring hair color only (brown preferred); no bangs. If a wig or hairpieces are used, they should be of high-quality and appear like real hair.

Endor Briefing Version Only:

Vest

1. Medium gray vest with cap sleeves. The vest should include the following details:
a. Gathering at the waist with approximately a 1.5-2” / 3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges.
b. Top stitching approximately 1-1.5” / 2.5-3.8 cm from the outside edge on both the right and left sides, and 5 decorative topstitches about 1” / 2.5 cm apart on the right-front (not including the edge top-stitching) and 8 decorative topstitches about 1” / 2.5 cm apart along the right-back yoke. Sitching size may be adjusted in order to remain in proportion with the person wearing the costume.
c. One knife pleat folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5” / 1.3 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest reaching the midway point between the hem and armscye.
d. A front yoke starting roughly 1” / 2.5 cm from the top of the knife pleat and angling up toward the side of the armscye.
e. A back yoke angling up slightly from the back center point to either side.
f. Top stitching around the armscye, front yoke and back yoke is preferred, but not required.

Rank Insignia
2.Rank insignia on the front right breast painted and weathered to match screen references.

Endor Commando Version Only:

Poncho

1. Hooded poncho featuring the following:
a. Poncho has a blotchy camouflage pattern, no streaks or lines, and is colored to match screen references with all of the following colors included: brown, light green, dark green and cream-white/nutmeg.
b. Poncho should be upper thigh length in front and at knee level in back.
c. Poncho should be as long as arm to the elbow or just past elbow level when viewed from the side.
d. Poncho has 2 slit openings in the front at the natural body line to allow the belt to pass through the front of the poncho. There should be at least 8” / 20 cm of fabric on each outside edge of the slit to the edge of the poncho.
e. Poncho does not have shoulder seams and includes a seam approximately 6” / 15 cm from each edge (optional top stitching on this seam).
f. Poncho features a hood that can cover the helmet when worn. The hood is closed at the neck with an oval-shaped frame around the face. When worn down, hood should be bunched up/bloused under the oval piece. Hood should hang down to shoulder-blade/mid back level in back and should have 2-4” / 5-10 cm of fabric in front.
g. Poncho is self-lined and inside of the poncho is colored to match screen references similar to the outside of the poncho.

Optional Items:
1. (Both versions) X-30 Lancer Target Blast pistol.
2. (Commando Only) Rebel commando helmet featuring inner and outer elements:
a. A tan colored under-helmet based on a WWII era light weight AN-H--15 type flying cap with a custom ribbed top and visor. Ear flaps with black round shapes covering each ear. Mesh should cover the openings in each black round ear flap.
b. A hard olive colored outer helmet featuring screen accurate details, inluding 8 (preferred) or 9 black striping in back, 1 red and yellow insignia on front right side, painted, and weathered to match screen references including 3 dents. Top opening should be close to the cloth helmet and should not leave a big gap. Black striping should be painted, not indented.
3.(Commando Only) Grey Vest and Rank Insignia (see standards under Endor Briefing Room Version).
4. Various levels of screen accurate weathering.

Rebel Briefing Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-rebel-briefing-uniform
Endor Commando Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-endor-commando-poncho

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: