Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f1bb3785e2aa2c95c6751453a6e0816cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Male Twi'Lek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesinki93 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Male Twi'Lek Reply with quote

Hi.

So I am in the process of making my second Jedi costume. I have been thinking of doing a humanoid alien species and I would really love to be able to do a Twi'Lek.

I am wondering if there are any specific rules for this that aren't related to a face character. Are there any general Twi'Lek rules?

I am asking as I would really prefer to not shave my beard off. Ever. haha.

Hawk Ryo (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hawk_Ryo) is shown to have facial hair and there is now a cannon reference to Human/Twi'lek hybrids. So I think there may at least be a small scope for a bearded Twi'Lek to exist.

Ff anyone has anything to add I would appreciate it Smile Smile
Amalphiea (Kellie)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would honestly suggest going for something better documented. You would need more than one pic of a soul patch to have a bearded character of a species not known for facial hair.
The Wretched Hive CO
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

thesinki93 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say one image is not enough, would multiple images of one character be enough for a judge to consider further? Or do you mean multiple images of multiple characters? There are some more references for Hawk Ryo here Smile. From my research he appeared in 14 Dark Horse Comics.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67173/2309640-hawk_ryo.jpg

http://starwarsreadingorder.com/images/characters/hawk_ryo.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/4994466-6874985249-norma.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/Item/270753/Previews/42de30a0a8d775bc8fa79d56c63b5bbc._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
thesinki93 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I came across an approved Male Twi'lek who had the same beardy problem as me. He was approved for both a Pilot and Generic Jedi with a covering for his face. Shout out to Crix (Thomas Turner). With this in mind I had some ideas as I'm not ready to give up on my Twi'lek dreams just yet. Twi'lek males are rare and I really really want to be approved for one.

My first thought was for a headpiece with large panels on the side of the head. I based the very rough design below from Hawk Ryo's and Rianna Saren's headpieces. I'm not sure at this point if there are any strict rules around headpieces. Do they have to be an exact copy of something in the Star Wars universe or can they encompass different references?

My thought for the design was to cover large areas of my beard on the sides of my face. I thought maybe if I only my chin and mustache was showing I might have a better chance of being approved as it would be closer to the Hawk Ryo facial hair look.

Then I had some ideas for covering my face entirely in case I end up with a flat out no facial hair, regardless of the Hawk Ryo case.

I saw that Hawk Ryo wears a long scarf and thought something similar could be worn over my face. I have drawn this in my rough sketch. I came back to Thomas Turners costume and thought something like that would be acceptable. Some kind of Shado Vao style head wrap that also covers my face. I also had the idea of including a respirator in the costume. This isn't something i'm keen on to be honest.

Anyway these are my thoughts. Maybe someone has some other ideas that would work and allow my to get my Twi'lek on Smile

Sketch - https://imgur.com/aTcJCfk
Hinotori ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

I like the idea of your beard Twilek!
I think if you are not full beard then it is okay to wear a beard.
You have your reference Picture from the Comic, so if you are going to approve your character then you can add this pics as reference.

There are Twilek / Human Hybrids in the Clone Wars Series.
I don´t know which Episode it was, but a Clone have a daughter with an human Very Happy
So erverything it is possible!
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season2 episode 10 "The deserter".
I think you meant a clone and a twi'lek ? Very Happy They have 2 children.
Shaeeah Lawquane and Lek Lawquane.
They are both twi'lek/human hybrid, but are not the children of the clone, they have another father Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Twi'leks and Togruta All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: