Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bfee90c9e023d724e8d0aaf222534240Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Scarif Rebel Trooper (Private Yosh Calfor)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nrisvang ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 38

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the total length of the A300, when assembled??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stugpanzer (David Kurtz)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 Sep 2017
Posts: 79
Location: Sandwich, IL
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nrisvang wrote:
what is the total length of the A300, when assembled??


I just measured mine and it is 43.5 inches (110.5 centimeters).

How's your build going?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
nrisvang ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 38

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stugpanzer wrote:
nrisvang wrote:
what is the total length of the A300, when assembled??


I just measured mine and it is 43.5 inches (110.5 centimeters).

How's your build going?


Cheers Brother.
I am looking to get a fellow Garrison member print it for me... at some time. Just looking for a proper case for transport of it. So needed the measurements.

the build is going forward step by step.

I have everything pretty mush sorted and at hand, though i need to go pick up my helmet kit at the post office tomorrow.

The dying of the vest ( with the rit dye) went well. I now need to start painting it black. But the weather is cold and damp, so there will be no painting for the next few months ...as I am not allowed to play with spray paints in the house ;-)

other than that i think i am good and ready.

jacket and coyote cargo pants are in hand.
roll pin buckle belt (OD green) is in hand.
hand grenade pouch, and british M/58 pouches are in hand.
Black sniper scarf in hand
black jophurs and Swiss gators in hand.

just need a splash of paint and some weathering... and some pictures for approval... and some nice dry weather..... ( so in a few months)... or i might sneak it with me to work. We´ve got some heated hangars to park our armoured vehicles... might sneak in there and do some painting after hours.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stugpanzer (David Kurtz)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 Sep 2017
Posts: 79
Location: Sandwich, IL
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nrisvang wrote:
stugpanzer wrote:
nrisvang wrote:
what is the total length of the A300, when assembled??


I just measured mine and it is 43.5 inches (110.5 centimeters).

How's your build going?


Cheers Brother.
I am looking to get a fellow Garrison member print it for me... at some time. Just looking for a proper case for transport of it. So needed the measurements.

the build is going forward step by step.

I have everything pretty mush sorted and at hand, though i need to go pick up my helmet kit at the post office tomorrow.

The dying of the vest ( with the rit dye) went well. I now need to start painting it black. But the weather is cold and damp, so there will be no painting for the next few months ...as I am not allowed to play with spray paints in the house ;-)

other than that i think i am good and ready.

jacket and coyote cargo pants are in hand.
roll pin buckle belt (OD green) is in hand.
hand grenade pouch, and british M/58 pouches are in hand.
Black sniper scarf in hand
black jophurs and Swiss gators in hand.

just need a splash of paint and some weathering... and some pictures for approval... and some nice dry weather..... ( so in a few months)... or i might sneak it with me to work. We´ve got some heated hangars to park our armoured vehicles... might sneak in there and do some painting after hours.


Looking forward to seeing your finished product! When you have your friend print the gun prior to assembly it would be easy to come up with a way to make it dis-assemble...like maybe take the barrel off for transport. Come up with a way to assemble it using some sort of a pin perhaps. Since there is a pvc pipe running the length of the gun, one could run a couple lengths and have perhaps 2 or 3 inches sticking out of the body to slide the barrel over and pin it. Just a thought while you are looking for a case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
frogbat (Mark Johnson)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 10
Location: New Zealand
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Awesome post Reply with quote

Hi, found this post really useful for this new costume, not much reference material cosplay wise so, really awesome.

thanks Awing
_________________
Go the Force!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stugpanzer (David Kurtz)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 Sep 2017
Posts: 79
Location: Sandwich, IL
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesome post Reply with quote

frogbat wrote:
Hi, found this post really useful for this new costume, not much reference material cosplay wise so, really awesome.

thanks Awing


Glad to hear! Be sure to share your work!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Qui-Star Gon ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Location: San Diego
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also starting my Trooper build. Thanks for taking the time to do such an in depth tutorial. Pieces should start rolling in soon. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Qui-Star Gon
_________________
That is the sound of a thousand terrible things heading this way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stugpanzer (David Kurtz)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 25 Sep 2017
Posts: 79
Location: Sandwich, IL
Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui-Star Gon wrote:
I am also starting my Trooper build. Thanks for taking the time to do such an in depth tutorial. Pieces should start rolling in soon. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Qui-Star Gon


Excellent! Can't wait to see your progress!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> TUTORIALS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group