Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=30b99ea85f5f22d4d1b994338aeb27c8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP Resistance Rey!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: WIP Resistance Rey!! Reply with quote

Hello there! Welcome to my WIP thread!! Originally I was not going to do a Resistance Rey, however I received a commission for this one and after researching for this costume I for a store that sold wool fabric. I took the plunge and bought all the remaining fabric she had in gray Herringbone. Boy am I glad I did! The fabric is PERFECT!! Very Happy

Now I am certainly excited to troop in this one!!

Taken in front of my window......

WIP....Cloud City Leia, Shaak Ti, Updated Jedi, Marvel Leia, Jawa, and Resistamce Rey....yup I'm that nuts!!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find! Very Happy

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My shirt material has come in and I could not be more happy with it. It's thick enough to not show the under layers. But thin enough to drape correctly. It's got a 2 way stretch but does not have any distortion when stretched. It's cotton if I need to add a touch of toning to it.

This weekend I will do a mockup for the vest and shirt.

Original costume

With flash

No flash

WIP....Cloud City Leia, Shaak Ti, Updated Jedi, Marvel Leia, Jawa, and Resistamce Rey....yup I'm that nuts!!
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some accessories!!!!

Armbracer!!!

Da Boots!!

Staff Parts!! ( I will do a whole post on staff assembly later)

Lightsaber!!!

More to come when phone stops acting out.....

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirt assembly.....I decided to take a bit of inspiration from my Leia Senatorial Gown with this one. Since I knew I would likely submit for the Training Rey too I wanted a shirt that could be worn without the vest and not show bra straps or any other undergarments, so I made the shirt self lined. This also makes the shirt last longer and be more durable since none of the seams are exposed.

My pattern pieces laid out, the fold it at the top on the screen, and yes I did cut that many pieces.

STEP ONE

The two front wrap sections get sewn at the top only. Notice that I have two fabric pieces pinned together along the top only. This is where I sewed. Bonus, because you cut out two double over versions of this piece your patten pieces are already lined up, just flip one of them over.

STEP TWO

Turn the fabric so the seams are on the inside, and iron the seams down. Then pin both pattern pieces together on the sides only, as shown in the picture. Sew these together. Tip...Rey's shirt crosses so the top wrap ends at her left side. (The side her conjoined part of her belt sits) my pattern is going to flip these pieces inside out again. So they are crossed opposite of what I want them to look like in the end.

STEP THREE

Sew the curved yoke section together. Then pin the non curved back piece to the curved yoke back piece, right sides together and sew all along the edge except the bottom. Turn right side up and iron. All the seams should be on the inside. Pictures to come, my phone hates me.

STEP FOUR

Your front and back should now be assembled with all the seams neatly tucked inside. What you should have now are two pieces, a front and a back. Place the pieces together WRONG sides this time. And handsew the front to the back. Personally I used a WIP stitch, which to me seemed more "hand sewn" by someone who knows little about sewing, like Rey. This detail can be seen in a photo I will post at the end of this one later.

PART TWO OF THE SHIRT ASSEMBLY ON ANOTHER POST.my phone has issues...

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vest assembly!!!

Sorry for the fuzzy camera quality.....these pieces are lined in gray linen....

Then I add a strip of wool fabric to the back of the center "t" section

This gets sewn using a 1/4 inch seam, using the edge of NY presser foot as my guide.

Then I pin the side pieces to the strip, using the pin ball as my measuring guide.

Done!! Ladder stitching will be done later. QUESTION: should I dye my vest darker?
[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Rey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: