Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0d45219c64a7ead74ec8d7e2d3dce40bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Question concerning trooping reports for Fringe members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Question concerning trooping reports for Fringe members Reply with quote

I was wondering if it is okay to post trooping reports with my registered Fringe / Docking Bay 94 costume (if so - rather here in the open section or rather in the "members only section"),
and why this does not seem to be a thing here in this detachment?

I know of this from other detachments. I enjoy to see trooping pictures of others and also like to share my own trooping pictures as well (so far with my Jawa here and the Krayt Clan, and my Admiral Daala in the 501st).

RL: Alpine Base Austria (Base Membership Officer) / Wretched Hive (Jawa) & Docking Bay 94 Fringe (Jyn Erso) //
501st: Austrian Garrison / Krayt Clan (Jawa) & Imperial Officer Corps (Adm. Daala flightsuit)
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awesome! What does everyone think? Sticky post maybe? And the only reason I can think to put it in members only section is if it would make people more comfortable sharing pics when they aren't Googleable by anyone searching for their name.

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a voluntary thing, and there are two (or three) options:
one thread for each person, or one "collective" thread (maybe per year), or even both ;-)

The public section could be good for advertising or maybe even motivation for people to finish and get approval for their costumes;
the members only section would provide more privacy / "internet safety", obviously.

The personal one is the more classic and military inspired one I believe, f.e. in the Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment or the Krayt Clan, or also here in the Wretched Hive Detachment for Jawas, Tuskens and the like.

In Krayt Clan, we additionally have a yearly "group trooping program" with a goal of 1000 troops per year (and the bonus of a patch or sticker made if we reach that goal, available for thos who reach a certain number of troops per year, f.e. 5).

However, we might even come up with a different, "fringy" idea Razz

RL: Alpine Base Austria (Base Membership Officer) / Wretched Hive (Jawa) & Docking Bay 94 Fringe (Jyn Erso) //
501st: Austrian Garrison / Krayt Clan (Jawa) & Imperial Officer Corps (Adm. Daala flightsuit)
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... what about a thread in Members Only for all the photos, and then a thread in the main section for "photo of the month." That way, the person in the photo is still publically recognized, but it isn't tied to their name anymore. And it's an incentive to share really awesome photos.

I'd also LOVE to start a trooping incentive program. What's a Fringey word for troop? Heist? Job? Gig? Run?

Or maybe "Run" could be the term for all the troops in a year! We could all try to make the "Kessel Run" by fulfilling certain criteria in less than 12 months.

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE the idea and the name of a Kessel Run as a group goal!

The only trooping incentive program that I know is that of Krayt Clan:
http://www.kraytclan.com/forum/topic/5948-2017-trooping-incentive-program-the-memorial-troop/
Unfortunately, in 2017 we did not reach our goal. I think there were (must have been) more than 1.000 troops easily, but a lot of members don't "check in" or report their troops.

AgnesAUT ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Colleen is a speedy one:
We already got an awesome project going on - thank you!

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93421

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: