Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fe74172bbfcf58e1b14390b4412a1007Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Endor group - Files available!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnMorog ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: New Endor group - Files available! Reply with quote

For those who have had issues getting into the Endor Bunker Yahoo! Group, or simply don't feel like creating a Yahoo! account, I have created a new group on Facebook just for you (and me)!

Endor Commando Costume Armory
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1567290883392672/

All the Endor Bunker files are available, as well as several other 3d printing files, patterns, reference photos, and showcase albums. Feel free to request to join! Very Happy
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why to make a new closed group on another platform ?
Why not to make those files available here on the RL forum instead ? :s
JohnMorog ()

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case-in-point: it took me a week to respond to you...

Forums are good for things sticking around, but to get immediate assistance with a project you're currently working on, forms just don't cut it anymore to be honest. The only reason it's a closed group is since Facebook is so open to everyone, not just anyone who doesn't know the first thing about Star Wars can get in. Razz
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forums are still good for that, just the people not willing to use them, that's different. Rolling Eyes At least an updated forum Very Happy

But like the Yahoo group, not everyone is willing to join FB or any social media Wink
JohnMorog ()

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hold that a Facebook group is going to be much faster and much more consolidate that any forum could hope to be. I understand those unwilling to join social media platforms, but the number who are not on Facebook these days far underweighs the number who are. The group already has 30 members and it's been active for a week and a half.

Either way, the group is there Smile if you need files there is no restriction to join the group and get them.
moselder71 (Todd Barclay)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: endor constume facebook page Reply with quote

the facebook is a great idea. thanks
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum are more structured for threaded conversations, Facebook, etc are more about immediacy for a narrower set of discussions.

For static reference material like this, no reason it couldn't be stickied in a thread at the top of the group, right next to the costume standard link. It needn't rely on spreading stuff across platforms and yes, some people do not want to use those services.

In this case, the horse has left the building. With the proposed shake-up of costume standards, it's ideal to have any reference and supporting materials available in the same place, as long as their owner don't mind their material used in this way.
JohnMorog ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but which 'shake up' are you referring to?
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnMorog wrote:
Sorry, but which 'shake up' are you referring to?

The standards are all gonna be revamped, as announced by the LMO in multiple places, for example here:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91483&start=77

(normally her post should appear at top of the page given I changed the URL from default)

We now have an approximate new format defined but those informations are only in the "members only" area of the forum, and I think you are not active member yet so you can't access that.
But you should know it's coming. And more references pictures will be with the standards.
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Endor group - Files available! Reply with quote

JohnMorog wrote:
For those who have had issues getting into the Endor Bunker Yahoo! Group, or simply don't feel like creating a Yahoo! account, I have created a new group on Facebook just for you (and me)!

Endor Commando Costume Armory
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1567290883392672/

All the Endor Bunker files are available, as well as several other 3d printing files, patterns, reference photos, and showcase albums. Feel free to request to join! Very Happy

With all due respect...sorry that you find it cumbersome to join the Yahoo group considering that it took me months and a ton of hours to put everything together just to help others....
and...then you decide you can use my information (and the information of other members) to start you own group?

The reason you have to join the group to see the files and tutorials is to try to keep spammers out. When the group was open, I had people sending out spam messages which was annoying to everyone. Asking that people join the group is a small thing to ask in order to keep out un-wanted posts.

At the time the Yahoo Group was created, FB was in its infancy and the group has served people well.

Is it up to date? No....that is because I have done tons of other tutorials for other costumes and I simply don't have the time
....the group is open to all members to post new information to the group...
and...
yes...
the standard for this costume has changed many times in the years since it has been created because new things (like the book "Costumes of the Original Triloty) are always bringing new focus and details out.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
navarre1095 (CHARLES GRAY)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you just decided to start your own group with our files?
We've spent well over a decade doing research and collecting that information.

If our standards are to be revamped, it is indeed news to me.

Rebel Legion Costumes: Fleet Trooper, Tusken, Old Ben (informal), Clone, Malakilli,

501st Costumes: Imperial Navy, Crew, Bantha Rider, Clone, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper, Malakilli, A'sharad Hett

XO- HMS Hexapuma, Captain (jg) TRMN

Ordained Priest, Church of the Latter Day Dude
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lead to believe it was the presentation of the standards that was being refreshed, making it more illustrative. Is this still the intent?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: