Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3071c45404b63f0404b03b7a535571bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Flight suit pattern idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-42Juan ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Flight suit pattern idea. Reply with quote

I took a little time today and edited a picture I found to hopefully help get an idea of how the A-wing flight suit is different. I used the original trilogy costume book to help me out. Let me know what you think and what I can change to improve it.

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you've got it all right except for the left shoulder pocket. It's not a code cylinder pocket like an X-wing pilot, it's a Nomex-style flight suit pen pocket that's been slightly modified. It looks essentially like the picture below but without a zipper and the bottom of the pocket is rounded and is fuller. There is a pattern for it, I'll see if I can find it.

The suit also has shoulder panels like Nomex suits.

The chest pockets are also Nomex-style chest pockets. They're pretty much like what you have but the inner edge goes straight down instead of at a slant and the outer edge of the pocket wraps around the side of the body and is stitched into the side seam of the suit. Look at Nomex flight suits and you'll get a good idea of what the A-wing pilot suit looks like. The A-wing, B-wing and Y-wing pilot suits were dyed Nomex suits with some small modifications made and some things added to them.

As for the bottom of the legs, from what I can tell they kind of just look like a low leg pocket without a closure flap. Possibly stitched closed. But I can't say that for certain.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TK-42Juan ()

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I made some adjustments. I'm not sure if the side pocket would be acceptable. I can't quite make it out in the OT costume book. Any other tweaks or suggestions are welcome.

https://i.imgur.com/laaoSaf.png
Dr. Morbius (Ingo Kaiser)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen my old WIP? I had one sewn after the book references and the few sensible images from the movie:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Also did quite a bit of research in this thread:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46718&highlight=

I'm 100% sure that the fron pockets were much better on your first sketch than on your latest....there's no evidence for them to come back in at the bottom the way you changed them now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> A- Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: