Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=145d51fbd83295be053f485e25d7ee0cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kaydel and generic TFA-Junior Controller costume discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 17 (View more...)
Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Kaydel and generic TFA-Junior Controller costume discussion Reply with quote

At this time, there have been several of these costumes approved but as far as I can tell, the detachment command have started no discussion on a standard for this costume.

So,

This thread is to begin discussion for not only for Kaydel Ko as a Junior controller but also generic controllers.

Pieces:

shirt
vest
pants
boots
belt and buckle

I know that there have been many people who have done research into this costume so I am not including any detail as yet but will glean information from those who have done more research.

This discussion would separate Kaydel from generic only by hair color and hair style.

Also of note: As per the Rebel Legion club charter, there should be Lucasfilm/Disney references for the entire costume front to back and head to toe.

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
spectreseven ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More reference shots:

Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectreseven wrote:

this one is very interesting and shows a "bibb" detail on the shirt that really is not visible on any other image.

tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had the film on slow motion looking for any other shirts that look like they have that side closure/detail on the front, I wasn't able to find any....we could included it as an option though?

I used this image and ran it through clean up and lighten it and did it in black and white to find the seam detail.

Its grainy but you can see there is a generic controller with the same trousers, but in brown. there were two pairs made the same, one green, one brown. (connix wearss the brown in TLJ, as do the others with the full quilted jacket).

The shirt colour's also differ there was a lighter one and a darker one made. The lighter one most often worn with the yellow cross over vest outfit, but if you enlarge the group shots, you can see the cross over vest with belt with the darker shirt.......its also worth remebering that the calio used for the undershirts would vary batch to batch as calico does. So the colours will too.

But its also seen here with the green trousers.

I had it confirmed that there was a bit of mix and match with the shirts and the trousers for the generics. Connix was dressed from stock and it is probable that she actually did wear two different shirts, the more vanilla as seen in some shots and the darker yellower one.

So I think we could and should state for the generics that as long as each garment is made to the criteria, the colours could be mixed and matched.

: brown/khaki trousers

: vanilla yellow/yellow brown shirt

: light/dark brown/tan belt

My suggestion for the standards:

Boots, mid brown brown, flat knee boots, top of the boots dips inside and rises outside chunky brass inside zip. tab on exterior of boots has an adjustable tab at top with brass sam brown stud to secure.

belt, wide belt in distressed saddle tan. Silver weathered buckle (belt and buckle are the same width). rivet is hidden under the belt loops so needs to be placed further down the belt.

shirt, shirt is made from a very lightweight calico : brown/yellow. loose fit, short stand collar that opens at shoulder on left side.Fastenings must be invisible, ie sewn in press studs or hook and eye. Sleeves are gathered at cuff with a long slim cuff. fastenings must be invisible ie sewn in press studs or hooks.

waistcoat, waistcoat is made from 2 layers of calico and is fully wadded. colour is Yellow with brown overdye. waistcoat is cropped from under bust and is graded in a curve to the back. left shoulder has aprox 7 TWIN stitchlines of quilting the main front body has aprox 14, the waistcoat has piping all the way round the hem (it is NOT bagged out), neckline and arm holes. (the stitch detail to me looked like a ladder, but i could'nt replicate it even with twin needles and in some shots it doesn't look laddered...I'm wondering if its more the depth of the wadding with alternate direction stitching thats pulling the fabric, I'm a fainter so I have less wadding in my jacket so I dont overheat).

On the back, on the left upper shoulder there is a rebel symbol printed in red, it has a distressed or printed appearence. (i think perhaps deciding on an aproximate size for this would be helpful for people? or an -in relation too size).

Trousers, trousers are khaki/olive coloured sanded twill.

details: semi fitted, high waisted with front zip fly. a wide waistband matching the size of the belt. small back yoke, knees have seam detailing creating pannels at the knees that taper towards the back of the knee. they have knee pad shapes stitched on top. the two front pockets are patch pockets with a curve down the outside, the pocket overlaps the side seam by aprox 1-11/2 inches. the top of the pockets goes to the top of the waistband to create the belt loops.
All outer seams are topstitched.
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 3)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything else anyone would like to add to this?

I need to start putting the standard together.

tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken the TLJ standards and adjusted: Ive put *** where I have no idea, particularly describing the front of the waistcoat.

Kaydel Ko Connix TFA Mock Standard

Waistcoat

waistcoat is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off yellow with tones of brown or tan.

Waistcoat is cropped at mid bust and curves to mid back
*Front closure is right over left with right front piece coming diagonally to meet left side seam?*
Waistcoat is quilted, Quilting is approximately an inch wide and covers the entire jacket.
piped on all edges

Dark red resistance symbol sits on the back left shoulder *size?*

Shirt

Shirt is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off mid yellow with tones of brown, or pale yellow/cream with tones of brown?
loose fitting,* shoulder opening?*
Short stand collar of aprox 1-1 1/2 that opens at shoulder on left side.
Sleeves are gathered into a long slim cuff. as per references

Pants

-Pants are an olive green and made from a natural fiber.
-Pants are form fitting and tailored to the wearer.
high waisted
knee pads- large rounded rectangles stitched on top of the knees
the two front pockets are patch pockets the top of the pockets goes to the top of the waistband to create the belt loops. -as per references
combat stitching-optional

Boots

-Boots are leather or leather like and dark brown .
-High riding height with pull strap on the side.

Belt

-Belt is a warm reddish brown and approximately 3 inches tall. Should be proportional to wearer.
-Belt buckle is same height as the belt and flush and is approximately 4.5 inches wide

Hair and Face

-Minimal makeup can be utilized.
-Hair is natural colored (dirty blonde is optimal) with hair tied in two small buns at the top of the head.
-The hair is parted in the center.

Generic Resistance Officer

waistcoat

waistcoat is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off yellow with tones of brown or tan and should closely match reference images.

Waistcoat is cropped at mid bust and curves to mid back
*Front closure is right over left with right front piece coming diagonally to meet left side seam?*
Waistcoat is quilted, Quilting is approximately 1 inch wide and covers the entire jacket.
piped on all edges

Dark red resistance symbol on the costumers back left shoulder *size?*

Shirt

Shirt is made from a muted natural fiber fabric. The color consists of off mid yellow with tones of brown, or pale yellow/cream with tones of brown?
Loose fitting,* shoulder opening?*
Short stand collar of aproximatly 1-1 1/2 that opens at shoulder on left side.
Sleeves are gathered into a long slim cuff. as per references

Pants

-Pants are made from a natural fiber and earthly tone. Muted green and browns are optimal.
Pants are tailored to the wearer.
high waisted
knee pads- large rounded rectangles stitched on top of the knees
the two front pockets are patch pockets the top of the pockets goes to the top of the waistband to create the belt loops. -as per references
combat stitching-optional

Boots

-Boots are any shade of brown.
-Boots are above the ankle and below the knee
-Minimal straps are permitted. *the po-zu ones have straps?*

Belt

-Belt is a warm reddish brown/Dark brown and approximately 2 1/2-3 inches tall.
-Belt buckle is same height as the belt and flush and is approximately 4.5 inches wide

Hair and Face

-Minimal makeup can be utilized.
-Hair is natural colored and can be any style
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have resigned as a costume judge, so hopefully someone else will take up this conversation...

tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Phyllis.

I was just trying to simplify it a bit.
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for you input, this is awesome.

Here is a more compact version, let's discuss this and get ready to vote. I'd like to put the poll up by Wednesday, Feb 14.

Standard for soft parts is the same for generic as it is for Kayden, only the hairstyle is different.

REQUIRED:

Boots

Brown, knee high, flat soled boots. Boots may have an inside zipper, with a tab at the top secured by a metal stud.

Belt

Medium brown (Saddle Tan preferred) leather belt, 2 to 2.5 inches (5 to 7 cm) with a weathered, silver toned, solid rectangular buckle with rounded corners. Buckle should be the same width as the belt. No visible rivets.

Shirt

A tan/dark beige, long sleeved shirt of lightweight woven fabric, such as cotton.

Sleeves are gathered into a wide cuff ending at the wrist. Cuff fasteners should be hidden.

The shirt collar stands up approximately 1 inch and opens at the left shoulder, secured with non-visible fasteners.

The shirt may optionally close down the left side of the front, but the fasteners should not be visible.

Vest

A dark gold vest, fully quilted with top stitched edging. The stitching of the quilting should be vertical, approximately one inch apart.

*perhaps give a range of Pantone colors here*

The vest should be cut to the shape shown on screen, higher in the front and lower in the back, cut on a curve. The vest should end about two inches above the belt in back.

The vest front overlaps from right to left. Closures are optional, but must not be visible.

The Rebel Bird symbol in red, distressed, should be on the back left shoulder as shown.

Pants

Dark olive green twill pants. (Dark brown is acceptable for generics) Pants should have a high waist with wide belt loops, a front fly, and side pockets as shown.

Pants should have a padded patch, of the same fabric, over each knee. Pants are worn tucked into the boots.

Hair / Misc.

Naturally occurring hair colors only. Minimal jewelry and natural looking makeup.

OPTIONAL FOR KAYDEN KO CONNIX:

Hair worn in small, high buns on the top side of the head, as seen on screen.

Dark olive pants.

Last edited by Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon) on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to have a brown trousers option for generics as there's brown trousers too.

Also spotted a few dark brown belts, this is the clearest shot though.

Some generic TLJ controllers look they have different boots, sorry its not the best pic but you can see they are not knee high, I've got a clearer version of this pic somewhere.

Pantone pulls would be great for the waistcoat and shirt as they are quite tricky colours.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenebris wrote:
We need to have a brown trousers option for generics as there's brown trousers too.

Also spotted a few dark brown belts, this is the clearest shot though.

Some generic TLJ controllers look they have different boots, sorry its not the best pic but you can see they are not knee high, I've got a clearer version of this pic somewhere.

[url=https://ibb.co/mZ3vqc]
[/url]

Pantone pulls would be great for the waistcoat and shirt as they are quite tricky colours.

Will add the brown trousers for generics.

This is for TFA, we should do separate standard for TLJ. That'll be next.

EDIT: Looks like Kayden's pants are dark brown. Generics can be dark brown, dark olive or dark khaki.
tenebris (empathy)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are green just very muted olive, you can see on the corner of the belt lopp and against the brown boots. Theres couple of other pics of her full length were you can see the green against the brown.

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Celebration Anaheim (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. I was going by the Topps card, which looks brown, but I looked at se3veral screen captures and they are all dark olive green.

Whenever it's publicity shot vs. screen capture, the screen cap always wins. Wink

There's a few brown sprinkled in on the other personnel, so I'm ok with accepting brown for generics. Kaydel needs to be olive, however.

Got a good shot for the rebel bird. Which also shows the pants are green.

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you all think of these shades of gold for the vest? I would like to use the same ones for the jackets, for both TFA and TLJ.

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting has begun! Please vote here: http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=997079

Poll will run until Midnight EST, Feb 21.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: