Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8501762e1e8bdaf07ee940c9a33a4242Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Clan Wren Approvable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Clan Wren Approvable? Reply with quote

I've been working on a couple of new builds... Ursa Wren and a Clan Wren male warrior.

Would these characters be approvable for RL?

*** Spoilers ahead for those who haven't seen Rebels S03E15 - Legacy of Mandalore ***

They're Sabine's family/clan and at the end of the episode are not part of the rebellion, but definitely anti-Empire. They initially turn Sabine, Ezra, and Kanan over to Gar Saxon, but then turn on the Empire with Ursa ultimately killing Saxon. The best parallel I can think of here is ESB Lando with the betrayal/redemption.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess they will be. They go anti empire real quick. Smile I know about few people starting on Ursa that intend to apply to RL and the Mercs.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the case, will we be considering approving Nite Owls (Bo katan) in to the RL for assisting Obi Wan in the Clone Wars? Same concept. Bad guys turned good, or neutral at the least.

Rebel Legion: Legion Costume Judge
Clone Trooper Detachment XO
AliyaJ (Aliya Buist)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is just me, but it seems like the main issue "turned good guy" costumes usually don't get approved is because they look too imperial. If they have imperial cogs on or are worn by other bad guys without easily distinguishing changes it's a hard no. In Bo Katan's case, she was wearing the same costume when she was bad from when she was good so that might disqualify it. Then again there are no real distinguishing changes to Leia's Boushh disguise, but probably works because the only canon appearance is by Leia.

In short, Bo Katan no, Clan Wren probably, and Sabine's brother's armor in the season finale definitely. Wink
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliyaJ wrote:
Now this is just me, but it seems like the main issue "turned good guy" costumes usually don't get approved is because they look too imperial. If they have imperial cogs on or are worn by other bad guys without easily distinguishing changes it's a hard no. In Bo Katan's case, she was wearing the same costume when she was bad from when she was good so that might disqualify it. Then again there are no real distinguishing changes to Leia's Boushh disguise, but probably works because the only canon appearance is by Leia.

In short, Bo Katan no, Clan Wren probably, and Sabine's brother's armor in the season finale definitely. Wink

Bo Katan didn't have any imperial armor and she was never a supporter of the empire. She was originally a part of deathwatch, which had its own agenda. Then she defected and formed the nite owls which were distinct from the deathwatch and fought against Darth Maul's new death watch. They helped assist obi wan to escape.

Death watch and nite owls are two different groups. Bo Katan lead the nite owls.

Clan wren were clear supporters of the empire until they defected. If they are to be considered good, then the same should be for nite owls and bo Katan.

Rebel Legion: Legion Costume Judge
Clone Trooper Detachment XO
rlobrecht ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS

Clan Wren is fighting against the Empire backed Clan Saxon, and some of them fight with the Rebels at Atollon.

It seems to me that they should be accepted. It's not a confusing case like a disguise costume.
rogue9607 (Nick)
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. After the last episode, I feel that Clan Wren should be absolutely approvable. But, that just my opinion...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new ... what is the process of making this a reality? I'm open to the build just afraid I don't have the skill to make it by myself.
coryphefish (Colleen J)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Moved to new "Rogues" subforum)

Base Membership Officer, Freedom Base
Executive Officer, Docking Bay 94 Detachment

"Translation: Two percent probability that the organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted.
That may be wishful thinking on my part, master."
~HK-47
Lokrin ()
Base Membership Officer

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for info
obi wan death watch style/manadlorian super commander has got a costume standard and there are appoved ones
- check the profile of your dear merchandise officer naglium - he got one and he has written the current cs

here the cs
http://newsite.rebellegion.com/obi-wan-kenobi-mandalorian-super-commando-armour/

i am just redoing it as there are minor mistakes (none that would mater, but kjo is just getting all kjo related cs checken and if needed redone)

addition
i am thinking of doing a male wren warrior (the grey ones), so i am heavily interested in getting it approved.....
Clan Leader of Jhothal Junkyard Clan (Wretched Hive)
"Loth-rat, Loth-cat, Loth-wolf, run. Pick a path
and all is done."
PhantomEcho (Brian Chandler)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sidon ithano is approvable for offering Finn a lift all the rebel mandis should be approvable.
Cell: 214-533-6229
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: