Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5f6e3e786b5f1a0fc6d1476d280ab909Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My hanger trooper build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: My hanger trooper build Reply with quote

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble with the vest material. Can not find the right color. The Khaki Trigger material suggested is fine if you used a grey jump suit but I am using a tan one. It should have more "yellow" in it. Trying to get a close match.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try a faint dye wash. This worked for me when I was adding to my Endor Rebel Trooper soft cap. The antique cloth was a little more yellow than my khaki fabric, but close. So I dyed it, using a big storage bin of water and about 1/4 bottle of yellow RIT dye instead of a whole bottle. Follow the directions on the bottle (using salt, putting in wet fabric, stirring, etc.) and you can also pull it earlier than the 30-60 minutes. It is hard to see the color at all when wet, so you will have to wash out the dye thoroughly and dry it before you can accurately see it. If you are worried about over doing it, do 1/6 bottle of dye, for 20 minutes, and hand wash all the dye out (until the water runs clear), and dry it. If it needs more, you can do it again.
STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB (JEFFREY BUHOLTZ)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a swatch from the Wampawear tan suit and took a photo compairing it with the Moncal ( Far Away Creations ) suit. This should work out well for Hanger Trooper. It will be easier to find a good color material for the vest.

I did get a Wampa suit , It just needs a bunch of mods since I had to order one that was larger so it would not be too small. Some areas or too baggy. The size down from it is out of stock till April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Empire Strikes Back All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: