Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a6e2b8a99928bfecd9384e082b35212bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking for OWK judges to reach out to

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obi-wansBeard (Chris)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Looking for OWK judges to reach out to Reply with quote

I have some questions regarding my Ep3 OWK that Im building.

1. I have ordered these pouches from Farlans3dCreations and other purchasers have stated that they have been approved. I would like to double check with you.

2. The color of the robe is more of a reddish brown on screen, however are similar shades of brown (as in not too dark) approvable? The official CRL states that its a "brown robe with shoulder tucks".

3. Can the lining of the outer tunic be a silk/cotton mix or does it have to be satin? Satin does not breathe well and Im looking for practicality as well as accuracy.

4. I will be cutting my beard for this and will I still be accepted with it being about half an inch longer than the sources photos? [/url]
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. pouches are fine.

2. do you have a photo of the color you want to use?
the judges understand you will not get an exact match to obi-wans exact fabric.
"close enough" is the name of the game. (they will determine if it's "close enough" from your photo).
if in doubt, post photos here on the forum BEFORE you cut your cloth. Wink

3. satin is a generic term, regardless of the fiber content
"satin" refers to the 'weave' of the fabric, which gives it a shiny appearance.
satin can be made from polyester, silk, rayon, nylon, cotton, etc..
"If a fabric is formed with a satin weave using filament fibres such as silk, polyester or nylon, the corresponding fabric is termed a satin, although some definitions insist that the fabric be made from silk. If the yarns used are short-staple yarns such as cotton, the fabric formed is considered a sateen. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satin
^^we do not insist that the fabric be made of silk. it can be polyester or cotton (or anything in between).
we do not distinguish between 'satin' and 'sateen'.
as long as it has a satin weave (giving it a shiny appearance) then you're good.

4. photos are required.
obviously, you can't have a Duck Dynasty beard; and you can't have a 5-o'clock shadow.
here again, "close enough" is the name of the game. the judges will need to see photos.

hope this helps. cheers.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cobalt, I have a question regarding these boots. Will the light border around the sole be a problem?
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. they look fine to me.

if needs be, (if the judges have a problem with it),
you could always paint over the light border with a flexible latex craft paint.
check this thread for ideas.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32789
"...artist quality Liquitex acrylics. Don't use cheap tempera or Michaels type paints, the binders are poor quality."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: