Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=43479dc44fb3ee2e9924d5d15561a9e4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Making a feline jedi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dekulon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Making a feline jedi Reply with quote

I'm really interesting in making either of these with an articulated mouth.

Qin Sri - Species: Togorian
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5256&bu=%2Fbaza2.php%3Fb%3D45%26start%3D100&bl=Tatooine+Base+members

Varik - Species: Cathar
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=12481&bu=profile.php%3Fmode%3Dviewprofile%26u%3D101900&bl=Back+to+xenotrap%27s+profile

Where do I start ? This is just a stunning costume and would so good to interact with the audiences.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd start with pm'ing the members and asking for advice as well as see if you can find wip threads about these costumes. Smile

You will definitely need to know/learn animatronics for these types of costumes, but if you do it right, it will be awesome.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest getting in contact with your local furry community, as that's what those costumes essentially are. They're just furry costumes with Jedi clothes on. They'd be able to help point you in the right direction and get you going on the fur parts.

Also, you could check out Spirit Halloween for a mask that you might be able to work off of. They have articulated jaw masks that you might be able to use the jaw from. I have a wolf one that I've been wanting to make a Shistavanen with.

You could even make a more humanoid Cathar. Many references show the Cathar with more human features, much less cat-like, essentially just humans with fur and pointy ears. That might at least be an easy place to start.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Other Named Jedi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: