Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=aa54c8606c546d162b17f1a2b5a52110Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

5/4/19 Curtner Carnival Fair (Milpitas) CANCELLED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
LarirenshadowThu Apr 04, 2019 10:56 pm
ShreyThu Feb 07, 2019 7:09 pm
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: 5/4/19 Curtner Carnival Fair (Milpitas) CANCELLED
Event: Sat May 04, 2019 6:00 pm

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO SCHOOL CONFLICT
Contact Name: Mauricio Gavidia
Phone: 408.800.1088
Email: mauricio@curtnerpta.org

Organization: Curtner Elementary PTA
Event name: Curtner Carnival/Fair (not finalized0
Venue: Curtner Elementary Schoo;
Address: 275 Redwood Ave
City: Milpitas

Date: 5/4/2019
Arrival Time: 10:00 AM
Start Time: 11:00 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM

Number of Attendees: 500
Max Number of Characters: 7

Changing Space: Yes
Parking: The school has a parking lot and there is also one on the adjacent park (a short walk away), plus there is neighborhood parking as well.
Lightsaber Hilts Only!

501st Characters: Yes
Mandalorian_Mercs: Yes

Event Description: Curtner Elementary PTA (non-profit) is coordinating a community event showcasing Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math, (S.T.E.A.M.) with the emphasis on Art. We are promoting creativity and building excitement in the arts and want to increase awareness in how art can play into all the other S.T.E.M. fields as well. We will be inviting local artists and other groups in the community to participate, and since the event will be held on Star Wars day, it made perfect sense to invite you.

This is primarily a community building endeavor, but we also recognize the opportunity for fundraising it brings. The funds generated will go to covering our costs and the net gains we will share with the PTAs that participated. We are advocates for children's rights and well being, and collaborate with our school to bring a better experience for every student. We are part of the Milpitas Council of PTAs and will be reaching out to all our PTAs as well as the Milpitas Unified School District to make this event the premiere event of its kind in Milpitas.

This is the first year we will introduce the event, and having you as part of it will be AWESOME! The recognition of the characters and excitement that everything Star Wars brings with it will definitely help build buzz. The wonderful technology seen in the movies and your custom made costumes, really embody the fusion of art and technology.

Although, it's school policy for students not to bring weapons or toy weapons. I'm being cautious and extending that to our guests. I will ask for a formal approval, on blasters and light sabers for your group if our request is accepted. I think that will add to our guests experience.

I recognize this falls on what is likely the busiest day of the year for you. I am hoping you sincerely consider our request. Thank you!

PS: I have also submitted a request to the 501st Legion via their online form.
41. Hear_About_Us = Black Cat Comics Launch Party. I believe the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion were there. Darth Vader gave my son a cookie. He was 4 at the time, and that photo made it to the Mercury Newspaper.

Rebel Legion: Endor Base Regional Captain

Last edited by ObiWanCassie (Cassie) on Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Larirenshadow ()
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In as Rey and did we confirm?
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larirenshadow wrote:
In as Rey and did we confirm?
So you and Shelley will be Rey? I have not heard from them in over a month, I have reached out though, so hopefully we hear back soon

Rebel Legion: Endor Base Regional Captain
Shrey ()
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to have to not do this one to hit as many Ebay troops as possible. Since we're planning to send out some 5/4 trooping pairings soon, I suggest telling them we may have additional late signups if they're okay with it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: