Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=00fed0eb084e7bb7a0e48696424410dfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jyn Erso WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesky7567 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Jyn Erso WIP Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! So over a year ago I started working on a Jyn Erso, Jedha version. Today I finally got my vest in and besides putting everything together, I need to get the pants and the jacket tailored. It's way too long as is. Anyway, I thought I would post pictures of the vest and jacket and see if there are any pointers I can get.

The pants will sit a little higher once tailored. They currently keep sliding down since they fit like ski pants right now and my torso is really long, so things sometimes look a little disproportionate, but it's really just my body type.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting Jyn finished soon!

fleurderys ()
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Jyn Erso WIP Reply with quote

Pesky7567 wrote:
Good morning everyone! So over a year ago I started working on a Jyn Erso, Jedha version. Today I finally got my vest in and besides putting everything together, I need to get the pants and the jacket tailored. It's way too long as is. Anyway, I thought I would post pictures of the vest and jacket and see if there are any pointers I can get.

The pants will sit a little higher once tailored. They currently keep sliding down since they fit like ski pants right now and my torso is really long, so things sometimes look a little disproportionate, but it's really just my body type.

I'm looking forward to hopefully getting Jyn finished soon!

It looks like you're off to a great start Very Happy
I love your jacket. It does seem a bit long but the sleeve length looks good.

I am moving this thread to the Jyn Erso and Other Rogues subforum which should help get more feedback!
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pesky 7867! It looks like you're off to a good start.

I love the coloring of your jacket. I agree with fleurderys that when you take it to the tailor, it should be a bit shorter. I used a version of this picture when figuring out the length for mine: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/rogue-one-felicity-jones-diego-luna-alan-tudyk.jpg - it could be something useful to show the tailor when you're figuring out where everything should go.

The vest looks like it's about the right length and once you have your pants adjusted so they stay up, you probably won't need to tailor the vest. I can't see all the parts of the vest, but what I can see looks correct.
dragonhawkz (Chris Moxey)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome over to the Rogue Side...

The front of the vest looks pretty good. To be honest, when getting the entire costume to work together, I would possibly suggest starting with the base bits first and then build on those, using them as reference.

Looks like you've got an awesome start. Jyn is one of the most comfortable costumes I own.

The trousers /pants are high waisted, therefore until those are sorted, it can be tricky to work out the correct portions for the jacket and vest, and ultimately the belt.

I'll nab some pictures in the morning to illustrate what I mean...
Pesky7567 ()

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone! I'm going to go get the pants tailored first after reading through what everyone was saying so that the jacket hits where it needs to. I can't wait to finish Jyn and troop. All I currently have is my Mando and while I love my kit, it gets really uncomfortable fast.

I'm glad the coloring for the jacket works! I was a little worried it would be too green. Amelia, thank you for posting that length for the jacket! It will help immensely when I take it to the tailor.

I have a question. Do I need to get the straps on the bottom of the jacket removed? They are in the bottom part of the jacket and are in the back.

I don't think the vest will need any tailoring once I get the pants done. When I hold up my pants, the vest hits the top of the pants.
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the next steps of your build! In answer to your question about the straps, I'd recommend removing them if they would be visible once you have the vest on. If the vest hides them, I wouldn't worry about it.
Pesky7567 ()

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go ahead and have them removed when I have the jacket tailored just to be on the safe side. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Jyn Erso and Other Rogues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: