Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=87a5f1e94b185a8d495396130fb9a87aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Best place to get stilts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grenex (Kevin)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:30 am    Post subject: Best place to get stilts? Reply with quote

Since the Skywalker stilts are no longer made/available, are there any alternatives recommended?

I found these 15-23" onces on ebay, but the low price makes me think they will not be that good. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drywall-Stilts-Aluminum-Tool-Stilt-15-23-Inch-For-Taping-Painting-Painter-NEW-/132820427759

In addition I have seen many builds showing foam built stilts with shoes attached, but I cannot find a good conclusive instructional thread on how to best make those.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks
omel (Rommel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you considered Bucket stilts / high steppers from Steppin Up, Inc.?
Grenex (Kevin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omel wrote:

Only for a fleeting moment since safety was more of a concern as opposed to using the bucket and rolling an ankle
omel (Rommel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:

Only for a fleeting moment since safety was more of a concern as opposed to using the bucket and rolling an ankle

i've seen people attach side supports that have straps on the upper portion ( similar to drywall stilts, to address the " ankle" rolling issue. Wink
Grenex (Kevin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omel wrote:
Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:

i've seen people attach side supports that have straps on the upper portion ( similar to drywall stilts, to address the " ankle" rolling issue. Wink

Are there any posted tutorials on that method? I am finding it hard to get good details on how to do that, or even how to build your own risers out of XPS foam.
omel (Rommel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:
Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:

Are there any posted tutorials on that method? I am finding it hard to get good details on how to do that, or even how to build your own risers out of XPS foam.

Lots of members here post their build to show how they did theirs ( both foam lifts and bucket stilts) Wink
Grenex (Kevin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omel wrote:

Lots of members here post their build to show how they did theirs ( both foam lifts and bucket stilts) Wink

OK, so similar to droid building, I have to go comb thru build threads and see what I can find. LOL
I will attempt to use the search tool again and see what threads I can find that have supporting information.
gato ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the drywall stilts in all my builds. I use the ones from ebay that you mention and they are great. You will keep them at the lowest setting of 15" depending on height. The bucket stilts as mentioned above are good too, but you will need to buy the extra support rods and bolts and you will end up spending around $150 in the end. Again, depending on your height now, you could buy some pink foam board and cut and glue them together or use platform boots. Lots of different options for you.
tk42116 (Aaron Darling)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:
Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:

Get with Jamie Arielle, I believe she has a tutorial made of and a list of parts needed to modify them
Bacca9 ()
Assistant Legion Membership Officer
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tk42116 wrote:
Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:
Grenex wrote:
omel wrote:

Get with Jamie Arielle, I believe she has a tutorial made of and a list of parts needed to modify them

Totally can set you up with the Stepper mods if you like? They're WAY light and easy to walk in. If I was taller, I'd use them for sure!

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: