Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29f345f9206d4c1244e83cf9fda7e633Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Adult Ahsoka Tano Vision from Mortis saga TUTORIAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahsoka94 (Eleonora Scanu)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Adult Ahsoka Tano Vision from Mortis saga TUTORIAL Reply with quote

Hi to all! Very Happy Ready for a New tutorial? My Adult Ahsoka Tano Vision from TCW season 3 ep 15 "Overlords" (mortis saga) it's the first to be had approved in RL and i love to explain you how i made this new costume! Smile so Let's start!

Reference

Bracers, gloves and armbands
I took the pattern directly on me for all 3 pieces, with transparent film and paper scotch. For Armbands and Bracers I transfered paper scotch pattern on simply paper, and then on eva foam, I drew the shape on maroon eco-leather, holding 2 cm on top of the board, I cut the eco-leather and for bracers I sewed the 2 face pieces, then with neoprene glue, I glued the eva foam to the fabric by folding in the edges more so that there are no seams (as in cartoon) and having a minimum thickness and strength. Golden buckles are 3d printed and I painted them with gold acrilic and attached on with cyanoacrylate glue "Attack", for the closure i used a velcro and automatcs buttons.

For gloves i use the same method for the pattern and same ecoleather of the bracers, except for the part of the elbow, i use another too dark ecoleather and I sewed everything together.

Boots
Iused the same process method of the arm braces, but thei can't open on the button side, and when they were already closed I added gluing both the flap pieces over and the heel pieces ends

Body
I tried to make one for myself, but I couldn't do it, so I commissioned it: the fabric is double, so that no stitching is visible at the edges, the inner fabric is a elastic jersey of the same color as the velvet. I added a hidden zip on the back and bra hooks to close it underneath. Tight: Make the paper pattern of the hole on the chest smaller, because once worn it widens by about 1cm.

Choker
I bought the base for a gold necklace, while the diamond was carved in forex and then colored in gold with acrylics (if you are interested I make them on commission)

Belt and Tabbards
The belt consists of 3 pieces, one above the other, gluing them, the second piece is not positioned perfectly in the center of the larger one but slightly higher. Same method as the bracers, for the thinner belt I used a darker brown eco-leather as the reference. it closes on the back with velcro. the buckle is in forex, the color is a mix of gold and silver (same of the akul teeth), i also added the covertecks taken from jedirobe.com.

Tabbard are made of cotton fabric sewn in double. I added some velcro straps to be able to remove them from the belt and wash them. They are made like a pocket, so I can insert into the foam to make them more rigid. the contours and designs are handmade with latex and acrylic.

Tights
I bought opaque orange tights in a store (you can also find them online on welovecolors.com) and heavy black over the knee socks. With Gutherman fabrics glue, I glued the over the knee socks on the orange tights. The maroon strip in eco-leather instead is always made with the same method and attached with automatic buttons that I sewed on the tights both on the outside of the thigh and inside. Note in the reference that it is not perfectly straight, but rises to the outside forming a point and falls back inwards

Headpiece
As a first step I drew the shape on hard cardboard and stopped it on my cast of the head. I sprayed the polyurethane foam over the whole structure and carved the shape with the help of a cutter.

since it was too high I made a change by lowering the whole structure and making them more similar to the reference.

With the same method I made the forward tentacle and the one behind.

I took the pattern of all 3 pieces with transparent film and paper scotch. I transfered paper scotch pattern on 1 cm thick foam rubber and after cutting all the pieces i glued all of them with neoprene glue. To keep in the upper part I added an internal foam support to prevent the horns from widening.

Compared to the most famous method to make Ahsoka's headpiece by Jedimanda, my method skipping the stap to cover the foam rubber structure with an elastic fabric (this is because I'm bad with sewing) so I passes directly over the foam rubber white acrylic+latex (before I pass 2 layers on the joints with a smal brush to smooth them a little) after 10 layers and less than 2 liters of latex I draw with a make up pencil the guide lines of the blue bands. Blue is a mix of dark blue and anthracite grey + latex. I textured the blue bands witha lighter blue and with the help of an old hard brush. At the end I removed with make-up remover wipes the visible guide lines.

Unfortunately due to the weight of the latex the final shape has changed slightly and the horns seem less tall seeing the base in expanded polyurethane, but I still feel satisfied.

For the akul teeth I designed the patterns verifying that the proportions were right, I passed them on 1cm foam and carved in a pyramid form with the dremel, once smoothed with the vinavi,l I made the silicone mold to be able to make them in resin. Once the resin akul teeth were obtained, I sanded them to make them smooth and bent slightly with the hot gun to make them follow the curved lines. I passed a primer and colored with colored acrylic mixed of gold and silver. I sprayed the protective, glued them with cyanoacrylate glue "Attack" and added the painted beads of the same color to the piece that is glued to the back.
If you are interested I take commission for akul teeth and braids, compatible with the other headpiece sizes! You can contact me on
my Instagram page-> https://www.instagram.com/ahsoka94/

And here you are the final result:

So this is the end, I'm open to any questions for clarification and I hope my English is understandable... Laughing May the force be with you! Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: