Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2eeb59c7503a001ca7cc2bed57760085Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FREE Decal Sheets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dekard ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, looks great! I'm looking for B-Wing decals currently but wanted to post and let you know these are appreciated and I'll try and see if I can pull any of these for my b-wing helmet
Maverick73 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came across your post and would like to personally thank you for creating the amazing decals and posting them for free! They are extremely useful!

I just have one question with regards to printing them. I have a color laser printer in my office. Would I be able to print these decals if I bought the correct paper for laser printers or is there a specific printer I need to use? Also would you recommend I go to a professional printer and print the decals in vinyl? From my understanding laser printers can’t print vinyl because of the heat. Which decals would be easier to install on a helmet for a complete noob?

Also, do you suggest I just sand the black series helmet and then apply 2 coats of semi gloss white spray paint? Or should I after sanding, spray primer then the white spray?

Apologies for all these questions but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to custom painting but when I saw your post I immediately decided to redo my black series helmet!

Many thanks again!
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick73 wrote:
I just came across your post and would like to personally thank you for creating the amazing decals and posting them for free! They are extremely useful!

I just have one question with regards to printing them. I have a color laser printer in my office. Would I be able to print these decals if I bought the correct paper for laser printers or is there a specific printer I need to use? Also would you recommend I go to a professional printer and print the decals in vinyl? From my understanding laser printers can’t print vinyl because of the heat. Which decals would be easier to install on a helmet for a complete noob?

Also, do you suggest I just sand the black series helmet and then apply 2 coats of semi gloss white spray paint? Or should I after sanding, spray primer then the white spray?

Apologies for all these questions but I am a bit of a noob when it comes to custom painting but when I saw your post I immediately decided to redo my black series helmet!

Many thanks again!

They're designed for water transfer labels. There's a link to the right kind on the previous page. He mentioned buy the kind for ink jet or laser, so I assume they'll work with laser printers as well.

Correct, laser printers can't print on vinyl. You need a vinyl cutting machine for that. But the water transfer labels work quite well for this, so there's no need for vinyl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: