Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=13129a68131d11e29bf6d855ea70b339Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My Temmin "Snap" Wexley Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: My Temmin "Snap" Wexley Build Reply with quote

This is a costume that I've been working on for over a year and I finally got it completed. What started out as just a generic Resistance X-wing pilot I decided to make into a Temmin "Snap" Wexley costume instead, partly because of a Wexley helmet I received from Ywingfighter (thanks, Frank!) and partly because I wanted to finally do a face character. This one is my first face character Star Wars costume. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out for the most part, though the flak vest isn't perfect. I would have liked to expose more of the under layer of the vest but I just couldn't figure out how to bring the Mae West in anymore... And, well, in TLJ there are vests that look like this so technically it is accurate... I'm just always overly-critical of my own costumes. Razz

I took my time to make sure that everything was as accurate as I could get it, and aside from the vest issue that I mentioned above, I think I did pretty well. I even made the accurate two-tone ejection harness with the medium gray 2" belt/paddle hangers and 1 1/2" charcoal gray harness straps. And the smoke gray seat belt webbing for the leg flare holster. Smile

And yes, I look like a dork in the pictures, hah. And the helmet does fit me better... Just for some reason I didn't notice that it was a little crooked when I wore it. And yeah, I know that the tail strap of the harness is off to the side on the back, I didn't notice it when I put the suit on. It's in the right place in this picture.

The chestbox is a kit that I bought and then I painted it up and added in the electronics.

The Glie-44 blaster pistol is a Hasbro "Poe Dameron Blaster" that I modified a little bit and painted up. It bugged me that the blaster had a big gap on the top where you put your thumb in to pull out the plunger so I wanted to do something about that, but I wanted it to still be able to fire darts... so I just added in a small piece of plastic. It's not perfect but I think that it definitely makes it look a bit better. And yeah, the lights and sounds still work, too.

I also made the holster. I used the pattern that's on the forum and made it a little larger to fit the Hasbro blaster. I added some decorative stitching (the screen-used holsters do have stitching along the edges) and painted it. I put some felt inside of the holster just to protect the blaster from scraping. I'm pretty pleased with it.

And here's the harness, in case anyone is curious, hah. I love the solid aluminum paddles (and leg flares), they really add some depth and make the costume feel more "real"!

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-

Last edited by Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch) on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's the "briefing room" version of the outfit. Not necessarily a Wexley version of it, just a generic pilot. The boots are more TLJ style but with the pants covering the tops you don't really notice-- for this one I decided to wear them instead of the overboots like for my Wexley costume.

The left side picture shows the adjustment strap going down over the belt... It's actually not that long but the strap just got caught on my belt. Oops! Laughing

I'm also working on The Last Jed variations of this costume, which I'll be posting in that sub-forum! Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It dawned on me hours after posting this thread how to adjust the vest to expose the bottom layer more... and it's so simple that I can't believe that I didn't think of it before. So... on to that. Laughing

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea for exposing more of the bottom layer of the vest worked so that was a welcome surprise. I don't have any new pictures just yet, though. But hey, at least it worked and was easy. Cool

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After weeks and weeks of waiting and not hearing a word about it, my Temmin "Snap" Wexley costume has finally been approved. Smile

I'm still waiting for word on my briefing room pilot.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

Rebel Legion costumes: jawa, rebel fleet trooper ANH, signals intelligence technician (Rogue One), Rebel Vanguard (Hasbro action figure), Battlefront female desert rebel trooper

501st Legion costumes: jawa, bridge crew
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Smile

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: